Help! New gaming pc build £800 budget

Associate
OP
Would not buy anything from abroad as you have no manufacturers warranty.

Duly noted, thanks.
30 day amazon warranty should be enough for me to find out if its dead on arrival. The rest of the 11 months warranty will be the gamble. But it'll take the chance as it fits my needs.

I'm about to pull the trigger on these parts. Going to sleep on it and order tomorrow.

Associate
OP
Have a look at this motherboard.

MSI MAG B660M BAZOOKA DDR4

Did you mean this: MSI MAG B660M MORTAR Wi-Fi Micro-ATX ?

It does look nice and has more usb ports at the back which i may need. This also has wifi built in so saves on me buying a usb wifi dongle.
However, it is also about £50 more than the Asus one i have seen and its a microAtx, though i dont think im going to miss the extra pci slot.

Are there any other down side to microAtx vs Atx?

Is the ASUS Prime B660-PLUS D4 a bad choice for the £140 price?

Associate
OP
Have a look at this motherboard.

MSI MAG B660M BAZOOKA DDR4

Oh yea I've just seen the BAZOOKA for £150. I do like the look of it, it has cleaner io at the back.
Is it just preference for msi then over functionality. It does also look like i will be losing a type C input which i prefered.

The reason I went for the Asus is because I though I was getting a £200 board for £140...

Ok going to have my breakfast and get to some retailing ;)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Oh yea I've just seen the BAZOOKA for £150. I do like the look of it, it has cleaner io at the back.
Is it just preference for msi then over functionality. It does also look like i will be losing a type C input which i prefered.

The reason I went for the Asus is because I though I was getting a £200 board for £140...

Ok going to have my breakfast and get to some retailing ;)

I've done many builds and always been extremely happy with MSI, they make excellent boards. MATX will typically be cheaper but still provide everything you need. I think the Mortar has USB-C and they do a WiFI version as you noted.

Back
Top Bottom