HELP Please!! Laptop recommendation needed.... Ryzen or Intel??

Associate
Hi everyone,

So I am starting a new job in which they have allocated me a budget of £500 for a new laptop.
I will be using it for basic web base work, emails and a few programs for clients. A lot of the info will be stored on a Cloud service but I do need it to be quick and fast.

I think I am going to need 15" screen, Windows 10, 256Gb SSD, 8GB RAM and Ethernet networking and Wifi. Possibly back-lit keyboard but not essential.
But I don't know if I should Ryzen or Intel?

Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE help and recommend a Laptop!

Thank you well in advance!

Soldato
Take a look at the Lenovo range of laptops. Good laptops for work purposes.

I have an L380 (i5 / 8GB / 256SSD) It's a good little laptop (no backlit keyboard) and is quite quick with the SSD. The higher spec and bigger models (L480 and L580) can be specced with i7 and 16GB RAM. They will be out of budget though.

Soldato
Is Intel the best then?
I couldn't say yes or no to be honest. But I see Intel CPU specced a lot more for laptops than I do AMD. But I'm not actively looking.

I take it this will be a day to day machine? If so, you have the option of getting the dock that allows you to connect multiple monitors to the dock, and when youre at your desk you just plg the USB-C cable into the laptop to "dock" it and you now have a 2/3 multi display going on. Works fine for me this :)

Edit: if the above is an option then you can get away with the L380 which is fine for use away from the office, and then dock the laptop when in the office.

Back
Top Bottom