Help plz with installation

Associate
Cpu speed changing according to load is normal behaviour. Background tasks will vary even when the PC seems idle and so the frequency of the cores will adjust depending on what they are doing.

If you need max performance all the time you can stop this behaviour by disabling the power saving settings.

In Windows you can set windows power plan to performance. That should fix the CPU speed at maximum regardless of what is set in the Bios iirc.

Otherwise, in the bios there are speedstep settings and possibly cstate settings, disabling one or both will stop the CPU from reducing frequency when max speed isn't needed. I'm not 100% sure on this without looking at the bios because it isn't something I've done or researched, but I've seen it mentioned often enough to know it is possible.

Associate
OP
yeh its the speedstep option, ive done it before on every cpu ive had where its possible but for now ill just wait until I can be bothered to read a oc guide. Ive gone with a red theme with my pc, with your build whats going into your Phantek case?

https://i.imgur.com/e4LJsLC.jpg

Associate
OP
Im very happy, I just did a benchmark even with slight options changed thru nvidia driver and scored 20,500 in firestrike which is better than 94% of other results. Happy days :D

I did notice though my graphics cards fan is very noisy when hitting 90%, temps of card didn't go over 55c with a boost of 2101max. I think one of the fans cud be on the way out. Whats a acceptable temp with a 1080?

Back
Top Bottom