Help relieve the impending boredom

Soldato
I already have this mate. I didnt know half life and the episodes could be played natively with the xbox control - quite interesting and might be worth replaying.

I may be wrong about the orange box natively supporting it after just looking. :o

It's the two L4D games that have native support. Though I'm sure it would be a breeze to enable the Xbox pad for any of the other Valve games with Xpadder. :)

Soldato
I already have this mate. I didnt know half life and the episodes could be played natively with the xbox control - quite interesting and might be worth replaying.

Yeah it plays good with a controller, so does portal

Edit: I forgot to say I mean on the 360, dunno about PC, I would have thought it'd work fine tho

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd disagree, the orange box supports the Xbox controller natively, and you can more than play a single player game easily comfortably with one.

If he were playing online I'd agree. It's not the same experience, but if I didn't have room to set up a keyboard and mouse like he says I'd happily be able to play through Portal or HL2 with a controller.

RTS is a massive fail though.

Well Portal should be fine since you don't really need to do anything quickly while flying through the air and you could easily take your time with challenges on it too. But i'd of thought parts in HL2 like taking out choppers and striders could be frustrating. Still, guess SP FPS would be doable though on lower difficulties.

Soldato
Well Portal should be fine since you don't really need to do anything quickly while flying through the air and you could easily take your time with challenges on it too. But i'd of thought parts in HL2 like taking out choppers and striders could be frustrating. Still, guess SP FPS would be doable though on lower difficulties.

I don't think it would be a problem at all. People have completed the identical console version of HL2 in the Orange Box you know. :p And console shooters like Halo and Resistance have hard modes as well. ;)

It may not be as accurate as a Keyboard and mouse, and I'd never want to play online with one against K+M players. It's not like you're playing blindfolded with your arms behind your back though. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Plants vz zombies is an excellent tower defense game and very low system requirements. Not sure if you can use a Xbox controller with it but you can use the laptop trackpad and keyboard easily enough in it.

Back
Top Bottom