[HELP] Weird sound issue, crackling and cutting in and out, can't narrow it down?

Associate
OP
D'oh! I just spotted a 3rd full length PCIe slot right at the bottom - now I'm completely lost as to which slots are being used :D

Sorry, bad explanation on my part, so far it's been ok, if I get problems again today then I'll move the sound card to a smaller PCI slot, this is how it is currently:

50904408962_ca34358eba_o.png

Associate
OP
Both systems are using the PCIe bus and it only seems to happen when the GPU is under stress. Crackling during recording just means the sound was present when you were recording it so it will be there no matter what you play it through.
It may be that the only solution is to use an external DAC/Amp or USB soundcard such as the Creative SoundblasterX G6 if you need virtual surround sound.

Well I think you nailed it there, I've not had any issues since moving the sound card so hopefully that was it. Very strange that the problem manifested itself 3 years after the sound card was installed though as none of the other hardware has been changed in that time.

Back
Top Bottom