Help with bundle

Man of Honour
2 coolers which ever colour you like and the gaming 7 is packed full of features and great reviews take a look below.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £646.05
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18730403

Associate
OP
2 coolers which ever colour you like and the gaming 7 is packed full of features and great reviews take a look below.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £646.05
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18730403

thanks for this input i have an ek cpu watercooler on my i7 26k would i be right in saying i can change the block to suit this socket. Also i have always used the DVI to connect my GPU will i need tp purchase a different cable

Man of Honour
thanks for this input i have an ek cpu watercooler on my i7 26k would i be right in saying i can change the block to suit this socket. Also i have always used the DVI to connect my GPU will i need tp purchase a different cable

The block may fit this socket but yes you should just be able to change it, if you are going to reuse your gpu why would you need a new cable ? unless your planing to use the onboard graphics on the motherbard.

Soldato

You have an i7 2600K ? Is this new bundle going to replace that ? As the 2600K is still a very good cpu.

Associate
OP
You have an i7 2600K ? Is this new bundle going to replace that ? As the 2600K is still a very good cpu.

yes as i have the money to do it now so i think i will . And yes the 26k is very good but its just i have the money to do it now not expecting a big change in preformance.Do you think im being unwise to change ??

Soldato
yes as i have the money to do it now so i think i will . And yes the 26k is very good but its just i have the money to do it now not expecting a big change in preformance.Do you think im being unwise to change ??

Probably yes. The i7 6700K won't be a huge leap over the i7 2600K. A new graphics card (And SSD if you don't have one) is usually the best way to breathe new life into an older system.

Soldato
gtx 980ti
16 gig ram
benq 24xlt screen 120hz

The 980 ti is not far off a GTX 1070 so that is still a very good gpu. As I mentioned in my other post, the i7 2600K is also still a very good cpu. If you are happy with your current monitor as well then I would say keep hold of your money until it is worth spending :)

Man of Honour
umm ok guys thanks a lot good info here . So is haswell E better?

Not really for gaming skylake is faster, you would have to overclock a 5820k to 4.4ghz to match a 6700k at 4ghz.

Multi gpu performance is slightly diffrent the 6700k is good for sli or crossfire but haswell e has more pci lanes so better for tri sli/ xfire.

Back
Top Bottom