Help with dedicated streaming pc build for console streaming

Associate
Hello folks. I’m pretty new to this pc streaming/building/anything lark and need some advice. I’m attempting to build a dedicated pc for streaming from console but would like to be as budget friendly as is possible. There’s a lot of numbers and letters attached to just about everything that I don’t as of yet fully understand. Here’s what I think I understand: a minimum of 16b ram is sufficient. A graphics card with nvidia built in is good or something. And then it all gets fuzzy. I’ve watched and read a million things but this stuff moves along so quickly I can’t quite keep up. I’m trying to stream ps5 games with a cam and mic so it needs to be able to do that well I guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I wish y’all a good day.

Associate
OP
about 600-800 I reckon. I’m looking at the nvidia GeForce rtx 3060 because from what I understand the encoder on the nvidia cards is ideal for streaming/recording. Or so I’m told.

Man of Honour
I don't think you need something as high-spec as this, but I had a read around for things that people use, which might (or might not) be helpful.

From my understanding, you need:
- A capture card that can get the image and sound from the PS5, to your PC. This needs to be sufficient for your chosen resolution (if it isn't, then it either doesn't work, or is very choppy).
- Software that processes the input from the card and allows you to stream and/or record.
- Cables and connections, from the capture card to the PC. The wrong cables or missing cables can give you issues with receiving a picture and sound, or the quality of the picture and sound.

So, my spec includes:
- A capture card, which a google suggests can be used with the PS5, if you have the right settings and cables.
- A motherboard with: 5 audio jacks (for any extras you need, like a microphone), spdif (could come in handy?), HDMI and DP. Rear USB Type-C for the capture card.
- CPU with integrated GPU and from what I'm aware, Intel's newest IGPs are pretty capable and can encode/decode all modern formats, including AV1 and VP9 (though, not sure about quality and performance differences with nvidia's NVENC).
- Case and PSU which would support upgrading the graphics card to e.g. RTX 3060 or RX 6700 XT, if you want to play games.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £747.88 (includes delivery: £11.99)​
Edit: you might want to read this article:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I don't think you need something as high-spec as this, but I had a read around for things that people use, which might (or might not) be helpful.

From my understanding, you need:
- A capture card that can get the image and sound from the PS5, to your PC. This needs to be sufficient for your chosen resolution (if it isn't, then it either doesn't work, or is very choppy).
- Software that processes the input from the card and allows you to stream and/or record.
- Cables and connections, from the capture card to the PC. The wrong cables or missing cables can give you issues with receiving a picture and sound, or the quality of the picture and sound.

So, my spec includes:
- A capture card, which a google suggests can be used with the PS5, if you have the right settings and cables.
- A motherboard with: 5 audio jacks (for any extras you need, like a microphone), spdif (could come in handy?), HDMI and DP. Rear USB Type-C for the capture card.
- CPU with integrated GPU and from what I'm aware, Intel's newest IGPs are pretty capable and can encode/decode all modern formats, including AV1 and VP9 (though, not sure about quality and performance differences with nvidia's NVENC).
- Case and PSU which would support upgrading the graphics card to e.g. RTX 3060 or RX 6700 XT, if you want to play games.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £747.88 (includes delivery: £11.99)​
Edit: you might want to read this article:

thank you so much for a very thorough and complete response. I’ll have a look through the article too. It’s a minefield of information out there so I’m never too sure if I’m going overboard or setting myself up to having to make instantaneous upgrades so your help is incredibly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom