Help with first Watercooling Build

Hi All,

After many years of wanting, i'm hoping to pull the trigger on parts this week. I'm a complete noob when it comes to watercooling so could use some advice in a few areas, but i'm hoping I'm atleast on the right direction.

For now, I'm just wanting to cool the CPU, but will in the future look to add the GFX card too. Same goes for tubing, i'll move to hard line eventually, but for now and ease, going to go soft.

Planned Parts:

dgjqu1.png

nDIkWHL

Incredible paint skills:

2sbjshx.jpg

OcOsoW6

jvXxvDP

Going into the Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev2. The top drive bay will be removed. Fans mounted on the bottom side of the rad blowing up and out.

Questions:
  1. PumpRes combo - I know I had some parts with the case, but this is going to be ok to mount here? Preferably via screwing down into something as opposed to backplating it.
  2. Is that the right tubing and fixings? Also enough?
  3. Is 1 Litre of coolant enough? I cant find anywhere that says how much the Res and Rad will hold?
  4. Going to put a ball valve in for easier draining. Put it between the Pump and CPU?
  5. Going to need 3 140mm fans for the Rad. Preferably RGB and not crazy price, any recommendations?

All help greatly appreciated!

Soldato
I don't think you want to use a kill coil with chemical additives, only use a kill coil if it's DI water.

I would rate the EK CPU block over the XSPC for installation, the EK block is just better designed.

p.s. great username choice.

Associate
The only thing you need to avoid is mixing Aluminium parts. So either go all aluminium or all Nickel / Copper. Nickel and Copper aren't going to cause you any problems.

Don't buy them if you can't match the tubing.

Have a look at the EK stuff.

I can't find anywhere that sells any size hard tubing in a 1m length with matching fixings. I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Also, if you do go with what you listed above, your diagram is wrong, or choice of radiator is wrong, you've chosen an X-Flow rad, 1 barb at each end not both barbs on one side, make sure this is what you want before ordering.

Wow! I did not know that's what the xflow meant! Most certainly a mistake. Thanks!

Also if you're planning on making a drain port, you're missing extra fittings and a stop plug ;)

Yep realised that after I drew it up. Good spot.

Soldato
Yea, you could incorporate a drain in that run via a T piece, else a straight coupling.

That's not a bad idea. Will have a think on that. Ideally Id like to just be able to connect an extra bit of pipe when it comes to draining, as opposed to have it there all the time. Putting a plug in the drain exit of the T piece came to mind but then once live, I'd never be able to remove it! Are there such things like a 3 way stop clock junction?

Associate
That's not a bad idea. Will have a think on that. Ideally Id like to just be able to connect an extra bit of pipe when it comes to draining, as opposed to have it there all the time. Putting a plug in the drain exit of the T piece came to mind but then once live, I'd never be able to remove it! Are there such things like a 3 way stop clock junction?
Use a plug as suggested and buy a soft tube fitting and bit of pipe for when draining, will look neater and Easy to remove plug and swap for the fitting and pipe when draining. The ball valve you listed will work fine for that and the plug would be there for peace of mind

Back
Top Bottom