Help with upgrade advice

Associate
Current Basic spec is I7 2600 3.4GHz / XFX PRO 850

Asus P8H61-M LE/USB3 / 2gb Nvidia 560 TI Twin Frozr ii

8gb Corsair XMS3 / Corsair 600T White

Basically I built the pc in 2011 iirc so is due an upgrade, still works fine just doesn't play modern stuff on any decent settings

I have been looking into the ryzen stuff quite a bit and also looking at a rx 580 as well coupled with some better ram

My power supply,
hard drives, case are all sound so nothing wrong with them

I use my 55 inch 4k tv for gaming as I set the PC up in the living room now

Would the ryzen 5/7 with the rx 580 be a good upgrade? They seem really good spec for the price, I only game a couple of times a week, so occasional photoshop so doesn't need to be anything crazy, just enough to run the newer games on higher settings etc

Any advice would be great

Soldato
You would see an increase with i7 8700k .. but at the moment, you'll see that performance at a high cost ! Coffeelake is aimed at shifting over 1st/2nd gens owners as they'll the most performance increase . But your talking some heavy cash ! £700+ ...

As above , slap in a GPU first and have a look at the performance your getting in your games say to a system with the same card on a new Chip such as coffeelake/Ryzen .
Check to see how your CPU and GPU usage is with the new GPU , should indicate easily if you do need to refresh your system .

For a Ryzen 1600+8GB ram plus Mobo your looking £439 odd , which is a damn site cheaper then Intel's

Back
Top Bottom