Helphire question

Suspended
Helphire question - Integra meets Merc SLK :(

Why when I have just called helphire have they asked that my insurance company calls them to instruct to help me out? Is this typical? Certainly doesnt seem that way from reading past threads on here, or indeed their own website :confused:

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
each case is probably individual and they can only do certain things on your own instruction.
If it is the other persons fault, call their insurance and see about a car, if they wont give you one then just ring your insurance. they will go through the routine of getting you a car and then charging it back to the other company.

Elite are only dealing with the approved repairer, its the repairer who them provide the car. They dont have my car yet so no chance of a courtesy car and of course Im a car down at the moment so can not get to my clients site. This is why I think helphire is the route to go.

Suspended
OP
Yeah thanks. Sorted with Helphire now.

Seems pretty slick, never had a conference calls with two women talking about my date of birth and how clean my licence is before :p

Car is coming tomorrow at 11. No idea what it will be yet, the rather unfortunate things about Integras is that that they are only 1.8 hatchbacks.

Cheers

Suspended
OP
That's a pretty god result.

What do you think the chances of the Integra being written off are?

I really dont know. Firstly I guess they will base the write off value on there valuation rather than the agreed policy.

Then its pretty much a full JDM nose, including both headlights which with the yen so strong will be pricey. Everything got stuffed into the engine at the front then the deflection off the SLK stuff me into a no entry sign, so that go pushed down to about 20 degrees but i stopped with the wheels still on the ground. Good job I managed to take most the speed off when Muppet A turned across me.

Radiator is about half a foot backwards but has just popped off its mounts I guess as its not leaking. Car actually drives fine but I imagine its gonna be a WO.

Turbo 1.6 in this mini is pretty decent aswell. Not too sure how silly the ambient lighting will look later set on pink but ill give it a try :p

Suspended
OP
~No chance of that!

My missus wants to use it whilst I use the Focus for work, what planet do women live on :p Im not going to be in an inferior car to my main one whilst she drives a car that I dont think the kids seats will go in anyway.

I cant change the thread title? But ill stick pictures of the bump in here when I can

Suspended
OP
teg1.jpg

teg2.jpg

teg3.jpg

Woohoo.

Bonus points for the no entry sign (good job it wasn't any higher) There was a bollard between the cars aswell but i pushed her through it.

Suspended
OP
I dont get the geography of how it happened?

I cant get my head around the final positions, and where you and the Merc came from?!

Gutted though, hope you come out of it well moneywise :)

Yeah its odd final positions. If you look at the middle picture Im going right to left to Gaydon, shes in the centre facing right and turns right across me. I brake and know Im going to hit so adjust for her front wheel rather than door. We both end up about 45degrees offline our pre collision positions. Im coming over the motorway so I had a slight downhill aswell not helping the lack of stoppage. I was pretty close to a 206 i followed out of the junction from the slip road so I just dont know how she thought she could get between us :confused:

Apparently the next junction up at 13 is a good one. Loads of people overshoot the T junction at the top and end up collecting a car or going straight into a big chequerboard sign.

Suspended
OP
Assessor has got back with a estimate of £5214.12 on the £5k agreed value we're looking at a write off. Just need to get Esure out now, and I need to ring them apparently as helphire dont make the initial contact :confused: so much for 'management' of my claim. They said they had no capital funds at helphire so I need to claim from my insurance for the payout. I said, nope Im happy to wait for the other party to payout as I have this hire car until then anyway. :p

I have NO IDEA what to get next.

Suspended
OP
The picture has been edited. Prior to the edit, Dexel was where in the white box jonnycoupe now occupies.

Im tempted to print that picture off to send to the insurance rather than drawing a less than accurate diagram on the incident form.

Back
Top Bottom