Heroic Deeds

Associate
Performed the Heimlich manoeuvre on someone who was choking. And stopped two little scrotes abusing a young girl on the bus are the only two that spring to mind.

Soldato
Hero like celebrity and expert has become a meaningless word. These days everyone is a hero from medal winning athletes to people just doing their job.

Associate
About 10 years ago when we had really heavy snow I was living with my parents in north Hampshire and I went out at about 8 to take the dog out. I went down the road and was passing a house and heard a voice I looked over and saw an old guy probably in his 80’s lying on the floor. I helped him up and supported him as he tried to walk back in to his house, although he was typically skinny from an old chap he was still pretty heavy. I sat him down on his sofa while his wife looked on and we chatted. I went off after a while and had a card through the post a few days later with a gift card in for £20 and a note saying the guy had broken his pelvis when he slipped over.

Not a particularly heroic story but I felt good having done it. I’m tempted to embellish the story sometimes “it was minus 20 blowing a gale, there was a pack of hungry wolves around and I had broken my leg so had to rip a road sign out the ground to use it as a splint before helping the other guy who was on the brink of death”. In fact that’s actually exactly how it happened…

Caporegime
He was an ex army dude with opinions on everything iirc, posted lots in GD and SC

Did he turn out to be fake/troll in the end? Always something fishy about him.

Like the guy in Motors who managed to create a following and then dupped some members out of money! Need to be careful on the internet....

Back
Top Bottom