Heroic Deeds

Soldato
I rescued a family of 4 (3 generations) from an escalator pile up in a supermarket. I could see what what was going to happen because the young boy was facing the wrong way and walking on the spot saying "mum I'm moonwalking" with untied shoelaces. The mum, daughter and grandmother all fell on top of the boy when he got stuck and the escalator kept grinding into them. The old lady came off the worse with cuts on her face and hands. I had to go over the side to press the emergency button, which was hidden behind some advertising signs. So the supermarket also got a free health and safety lesson. And the security guy was stationed about 2 meters away and saw nothing.
No one thanked me, the supermarket didn't even send a letter of gratitude or stop hiding the emergency buttons.

Soldato
Saved a man from possibly dying once. Was snowboarding in Val D'Isere and there is an off piste run down to La Daille where you go through and between some cliffs, so rock walls either side, very close in places. A skiier in front of me had gone through a narrow gap, crashed and smashed his head hard in the rocks. Was out cold when I caught up with him. Told the boarder behind to make themselves visible so nobody crashed into us as was a sharp bend.

Skiier came round but there was blood pouring out of his head, tonnes of it, a pool was appearing in the snow.

I took my jacket then top off and used it to put gentle pressure on his head and kept talking to him as he was delirious. Sent the next skiier who looked proffitient down to get help. Then had to take my second layer off as there was so much blood and used that as well. Medics came in around 15 minutes and took over and he got coptered off once they moved him into an area where they were able to do so.

Never saw the guy again. Lost my tops and nearly froze myself. Hope he was ok.

Soldato
I stopped a woman getting raped by one of the bar staff in Fuerteventura after he spiked her drink. He didn't take kindly to me interrupting his attempt and unfortunately the ensuing scuffle was interpreted by the rest of the bar staff that I was the aggressor, which led the the biggest **** kicking I have ever received....:(

But at least the girl and her friend got away safely and thankfully my super hero talent is pretty much like Kick Ass's, to be able to take a good kicking! :p

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Once stopped a shoplifter in Boots Richmond branch, he had a large Gym bag and was going from shelf to shelf and just sweeping arm falls of products into the bag.

I waited until he just stepped over the seal of the door out of the shop and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt (old school style), he tried to bolt but couldn't move as I had a good grip on him, shouted to members of staff and they called the police... etc.

The really odd thing was I was the only person who noticed him and he wasn't being subtle, I guess a lot of people are just to swept up in their own world.

I got a £20 boots gift card and a letter from the manager saying thanks.

Associate
Not exactly heroic as such, but it's as near as I can get...

I got into work one morning, and there was a funny smell.
Went down to the cellar (it's a pub) to locate the source of the smell, and heard a nasty fizzing, crackling sound coming from the mains distribution board. Threw the main power switch immediately, killing the entire building.

Sparky arrives and opens up the box, and the innards are melted and black. Another few minutes and there might not have been a pub left to work in.
Boss was more concerned about losing half a day's trade than the fact his pub almost burnt to the ground- which, if you met my boss, wouldn't surprise you... I don't think I heard either "Well done" or "Thank you" at any point, just "Whose fault is it?".

Soldato
Not anything major to add but the only one I can think of...

Growing up in South Africa and swimming was my bag (competed in galas through my swimming club - no one could beat me in backstroke due to some fierce tekkers, constantly beaten up by my eldest brother playing water polo with him etc.)

It was common knowledge that I was the best swimmer in my primary school by the teachers and pupils as I'd go up on stage every Monday morning assembly in Summer to collect medals I'd won that previous weekend

This one year when I was around 11, during our school inter house swimming event day I was strutting along the edge of the pool in my speedo and a teacher shouted that someone was drowning.

I look towards the pool and there's a human form at the bottom of the pool near the edge quite near to me - as I was already in my speedo I run over and dive in (not the horizontal type dive for distance rather a more up and straight down vertical dive to gain depth quickly - plucked her up and brought her to the side where some teachers had gathered and pulled her out and gave her mouth to mouth.

She was 2 years younger than me and I remember she fancied the pants off me but she wasn't pretty

I kind of just walked back to my house, sat down and didn't think anything of it as at the time it was quite normal for me to see kids not good at swimming - sometimes I think she did it on purpose as she knew I would be called to go in and rescue her.

Thinking about it years later I was like - woah I think I may have saved someone *smug*

Last edited:
Soldato
I saved my ex girlfriend from drowning in the bath. She left me five years later, a few months before we were due to get married. I sometimes think I shouldn't have bothered. I jest, of course..

Soldato
A few years back I was stuck in a traffic jam near the NEC. I was on a small slip road off that was queuing for the M42 South. I noticed a van had broken down (wasn't the cause of the jam) and so when passing I popped my window down and asked if he wanted a hand moving the van. The guy came up to my window and asked me some strange questions such like 'Have I been in a fight' and 'Is my face bleeding'. I thought this was quite odd so I pulled in front of him, put my hazards on and got out to have a chat. He asked me the same questions again, more than once - he was obviously really confused with what was going on. He was trying to call his dad, so I asked if I could try for him. Getting through to his dad I explained his sons situation and he said that didn't sound like his son in the way he was all confused, so I called an ambulance straight away and within moments police had arrived to ask questions. I was asked by the police to give a statement and then asked to move on, so I did.

Roll on a few hours and I get a call from the police from the hospital. Turns out that the guy was having a brain bleed and was not himself. Given a small while longer by himself he would have died. The guys dad had asked the police to call and thank me for saving his sons life. Felt pretty good about this one, but I have to admit, if the traffic was free flowing I would have just driven on by without stopping as stopping in free flowing traffic would have put myself at risk on the road. Makes you think doesn't it?

Caporegime
I stopped a woman getting raped by one of the bar staff in Fuerteventura after he spiked her drink. He didn't take kindly to me interrupting his attempt and unfortunately the ensuing scuffle was interpreted by the rest of the bar staff that I was the aggressor, which led the the biggest **** kicking I have ever received....:(

But at least the girl and her friend got away safely and thankfully my super hero talent is pretty much like Kick Ass's, to be able to take a good kicking! :p

My dad (And i) did the same in turkey. Except my dad knocked the guy out with one punch. I literally did nothing other than make sure the woman (girl tbh) was ok.

Soldato
Caught next door's dog wandering down the pavement last night. It snuck out the front door while she was getting potatoes from the shed.

I rescued a dog last year. Found it in our estate. Fortunately it had the address on the collar so I took it back to its house. The guy said, "yeah he likes to wander." I nearly had a fit, but just left.

As I left, I reversed into a ditch (dirt road, no street lights) lined with concrete and got stuck with one wheel just hanging over the thing. The AA came and towed my out, but I found out about a week later after changing the oil that the oil sump had cracked. Had to get rid of the car at that point!

And that's probably the last time I'll rescue a dog.

Back
Top Bottom