• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HEY GIBBO...GTX 690 when is it due?

Permabanned
OP
The guy asked a straight forward question.

If you have nothing constructive to add, then don't post! I'm armed with my Easter bonnet and baby oil, so be warned.;)
Thanks mate,some people need to pipe down,shame they cant do it without an admin giving them a warning.
Wow. The apocalypse seems to have happened.

OP, I'm thinking a couple of months.

kd
Yeah ive been reading around and many places seem to suggest April for the 7970 and May for 690,i hope its not as bad as the 590 was.

I found this....
http://videocardz.com/nvidia/geforce-600/geforce-gtx-690

Permabanned
OP
Ive always used dual gpus and ive never had a problem with them that some people get,in the early days of a dual the drivers can be a bit **** but once the drivers mature they perform very well,i get no stutter etc.

If i had problems with them i wouldnt buy them,but i dont.
If these are any good ill be picking up 2 of them and putting them under custom water blocks and putting them in a new Caselabs case that ive just ordered from California.

Permabanned
OP
Thundy has warned many of you here in a polite manner to behave and keep on topic. I however shall get straight to the point and suspend if it carries on.

The OP has asked a question. Please answer it or do not post at all. You want to argue about future releases then jump in the Kepler thread or AMD equivalent and do it there as this is not the place.

To answer the OPs question, a dual GPU nvidia card is coming. What it is called, costs and when it will be released Gibbo won't be able to answer due to NDAs.

If you require any potential info for speculation on the question originally asked then hit google, theres some good estimates out there with pretty solid documentation of new lines appearing at X date. Just remember, if a price is $500 as an example, you must remember that this price is distribution cost. Add to this mark up and VAT and your looking at closer to £475inc.

So if you've seen a price, apply the same percentage difference between currencies as I have above and you will have a fair idea. :)

Yeah i reckon UK price around £599 if it gets released by end of May.

Permabanned
OP
nothing new there mate, just more **** about its power draw, the trouble is the power draw will rise if OCd and i intend to OC as high as i can go!

this card is deffo interesting but i'll need a 750 W psu.

The way i see it is, there is no point buying the 690 unless you OC it, after all it's too bloody expensive to leave in STOCK TRIM.

other than this i could get the 685 and not bother with a new PSU, because this card will be very powerful too, not sure yet

yeah i have a 1200w psu so im good.

Permabanned
OP
yea having 2 of these is really silly :D

dont forget that one of these is the same price as a 50'' LG Plasma, if not more

Putting 2 of these in sli will destroy 2x680s.....In sli for a cheaper price,less heat,less space than say 4x680s in sli,thats why i like dual cards.

Permabanned
OP
"Less heat and cheaper"

lol - yeah right

Of course it's going to be better than SLI 680. It's 2 GPU's vs 4!

Imagine the price and heat and space taken up on the motherboard of 4x680s in sli.....2x690s is more attractive to me,less heat,less space and cheaper overall.

Permabanned
OP
I edited my post. But no I'd be surprised of it was.

Well i think it will be cheaper and give out less heat,so thats a win in my book,ill also be watercooling them and popping them in da Caselabs,each will have its own dedicated RX360 triple rad for uber cooling and max oc:D

Permabanned
OP
Heat is an issue on two sandwiched cards. You sandwich two dual GPU cards together you're asking for temp lockouts without extreme fan speed/cooling solutions.

Same goes for 4 gpus in sli.Even if i used 2x690s on air i would have a gap between them,never sandwich them.

Permabanned
OP
Have you even looked at previous dual GPU releases? They're hotter and more expensive. What make you thinks the 690 will be any different?

Ive owned almost all multi gpu setups since 3dfx days(voodoo 2 was the first sli setup) ,ive been in this game since 286 days.(over 25 years)

Back
Top Bottom