• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HEY GIBBO...GTX 690 when is it due?

Soldato
yea having 2 of these is really silly :D

dont forget that one of these is the same price as a 50'' LG Plasma, if not more

Soldato
Goodluck putting that in a pciexpress slot

:D

I want the GK110 .... grr..... or If they can make a dual GPU version with GK110's that don't do the self destruction trick like the 590's do I may be interested and finally get the 2560 x 1600 screen I have been dreaming about for the last year... I don't want to take a huge/any performance hit moving from 1920 x 1200 to the 2560 x 1600. I will even risk dual GPU setup on a single card if they prove to be that good.

Soldato
got to say I'm more interested in the 570 replacements as hopefully this will push down the price of the 570 which is of more interest to me due to the cuda performance :)

Permabanned
OP
yea having 2 of these is really silly :D

dont forget that one of these is the same price as a 50'' LG Plasma, if not more

Putting 2 of these in sli will destroy 2x680s.....In sli for a cheaper price,less heat,less space than say 4x680s in sli,thats why i like dual cards.

Permabanned
OP
"Less heat and cheaper"

lol - yeah right

Of course it's going to be better than SLI 680. It's 2 GPU's vs 4!

Imagine the price and heat and space taken up on the motherboard of 4x680s in sli.....2x690s is more attractive to me,less heat,less space and cheaper overall.

Soldato
Why do you need 4 GPU's? I'd be extremely surprised if it worked out cheaper.

Repeating the same thing doesn't make it true. Dual GPU cards proportionately hotter than single GPU cards in crossfire.

Associate
Well I hope those specs and prices are incorrect. I was hoping to grab a 6xx, perhaps the 670 or 660ti for TXAA mainly but honestly if they have less than 2GB vram and cost that much I'm going straight for ATI.

Permabanned
OP
I edited my post. But no I'd be surprised of it was.

Well i think it will be cheaper and give out less heat,so thats a win in my book,ill also be watercooling them and popping them in da Caselabs,each will have its own dedicated RX360 triple rad for uber cooling and max oc:D

Back
Top Bottom