• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HEY GIBBO...GTX 690 when is it due?

Soldato
well i've got to be careful, because i'm after a plasma too..
plasmas are dead cheap!

no the GTX 690 is value for money, because it's the same price as the latest after market custom 680 4gb, but miles more powerful......... its therefore the GTX 680 that's a rip off

they are both approx 600 QUID, OK say the GTX 690 ends up 50 quid more than this, then it's still good... even if the 680 drops by £100

this is because, the GTX 685 ( out in sept) will also cost you this same 600 quid yet again, but still not be as fast as the OCd 690 at roughly £600 to 650.

we just cant seem to escape from this £600 rip off figure, so if we cant, we'd better get the most powerful card we can at this price, this £600 should be £300.
Do you really think nvidia will price two cards in the same generation at the same price when one is atleast 50% better than the other? Dual GPU (no CPU!) cards exist for people who want quad SLI in 2 pcie slots and henceforth are placed slightly more exensive than buying two of the GPU's on them as seperate cards. The 690 will be a similar price to 680 SLI

SLI?....... it'll still cost you 600 quid, 2 x GTX 680s......... to me the dual CPU card makes sense, because it still looks like that i'll have to spend 500 to 600 quid, regardless of what the hell i buy

its bloody scary.... yes, it's foolish too, my mates only game via Xbox and now you know why !!!!!!!!!!

The 690/685 hasn't even been announced never mind priced so stop talking like you actually know how much it's going to cost.

Point still stands:

Also

The 680 isn't a rip off either. It's just priced on its relevant point in the market as it stands today. Can't afford it/don't like it? Then don't buy it. It's that simple.

+100000!

:eek:
Why there so many deleted posts in this thread :confused:

Long argument which took the thread incredibly off topic

Soldato
The 690/685 hasn't even been announced never mind priced so stop talking like you actually know how much it's going to cost.

Point still stands:

Also

The 680 isn't a rip off either. It's just priced on its relevant point in the market as it stands today. Can't afford it/don't like it? Then don't buy it. It's that simple.

it's not just me that sais the 680 is too expensive is it, plus it's not me that said the 690 will cost 600 quid, it's another poster above.....get your facts right

Soldato
it's not just me that sais the 680 is too expensive is it, plus it's not me that said the 690 will cost 600 quid, it's another poster above.....get your facts right

You've been telling us the 690 will cost £600

We say to you what we say to everyone who thinks the 680 is too expensive:

Soldato

Point still stands:

Also

Only its not that simple is it. Many people like me who have no mid-range upgrade path from a 470\5870\5850 etc for £200-£250 because Nvidia decided what was gonna be their 670 at around £250(wishful thinking) would now be there 680 and Charge £430. No worthwhile upgrade for us now where the 670 would have been a belter. For me Nvidia would have sold far more 670 at around £250 than they will 680 at £430 and could easily have made the same money and made a lot of loyal fans very happy, instead, well we know what they did. I am not happy, I have never had to wait so long for an upgrade ever before and I reckon a lot of people are in the same boat. This must be reflected in graphics card sales I would imagine. :)

Permabanned
Only its not that simple is it. Many people like me who have no mid-range upgrade path from a 470\5870\5850 etc for £200-£250 because Nvidia decided what was gonna be their 670 at around £250(wishful thinking) would now be there 680 and Charge £430. No worthwhile upgrade for us now where the 670 would have been a belter. For me Nvidia would have sold far more 670 at around £250 than they will 680 at £430 and could easily have made the same money and made a lot of loyal fans very happy, instead, well we know what they did. I am not happy, I have never had to wait so long for an upgrade ever before and I reckon a lot of people are in the same boat. This must be reflected in graphics card sales I would imagine. :)

Haven you got a proven source that the 680 was meant to be the 670?

They will be releasing the 670 soon...

Soldato
Thundy has warned many of you here in a polite manner to behave and keep on topic. I however shall get straight to the point and suspend if it carries on.

The OP has asked a question. Please answer it or do not post at all. You want to argue about future releases then jump in the Kepler thread or AMD equivalent and do it there as this is not the place.

To answer the OPs question, a dual GPU nvidia card is coming. What it is called, costs and when it will be released Gibbo won't be able to answer due to NDAs.

If you require any potential info for speculation on the question originally asked then hit google, theres some good estimates out there with pretty solid documentation of new lines appearing at X date. Just remember, if a price is $500 as an example, you must remember that this price is distribution cost. Add to this mark up and VAT and your looking at closer to £475inc.

So if you've seen a price, apply the same percentage difference between currencies as I have above and you will have a fair idea. :)

Soldato
Thundy has warned many of you here in a polite manner to behave and keep on topic. I however shall get straight to the point and suspend if it carries on.

The OP has asked a question. Please answer it or do not post at all. You want to argue about future releases then jump in the Kepler thread or AMD equivalent and do it there as this is not the place.

To answer the OPs question, a dual GPU nvidia card is coming. What it is called, costs and when it will be released Gibbo won't be able to answer due to NDAs.

If you require any potential info for speculation on the question originally asked then hit google, theres some good estimates out there with pretty solid documentation of new lines appearing at X date. Just remember, if a price is $500 as an example, you must remember that this price is distribution cost. Add to this mark up and VAT and your looking at closer to £475inc.

So if you've seen a price, apply the same percentage difference between currencies as I have above and you will have a fair idea. :)

Not sure who this is aimed but I'm afraid I've had enough, will take a rest from this forum for a bit. Dont really want to say anymore. :(

Soldato
Not sure who this is aimed but I'm afraid I've had enough, will take a rest from this forum for a bit. Dont really want to say anymore. :(

There are a few members here who constantly require post removals or short holidays, from what I can see you haven't broken any rules so theres no need to stray away. Its just a shame that a small minority at times find themselves spoiling it for the majority :(

They know who they are though.

Permabanned
OP

Yeah i reckon UK price around £599 if it gets released by end of May.

Back
Top Bottom