HGV Sideswipes car on the M1, caught on camera..

Soldato
The icing on the cake will be the truck drivers own dash cameras showing the car repeatedly slowing the HGV down, brake testing the HGV and then when the HGV swervs to come back to lane two, missing said idiot by a few mm... Totally showing the car driver up as nothing but a lane hogger a danger on our roads and an insurance fraudster. LOL
That would make my day/year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Scania- is this sort of thing (i.e. car drivers deliberately being a bell) a common occurrence for HGV drivers?

Unfortunately, an increasingly common occurrence alas, you would not believe some of the stunts I've seen pulled around my hgv and those around me - hand on heart - in situations where I or the other truck have done nothing wrong whatsoever.

People take exception to such huge slow beasts on our roads holding them up, without appreciating that pretty much everything they use or need on a day to day basis at some point will have travelled by truck.

We - hgv drivers - Provide a critical service to the public and are in the main despised for doing so.

I'd like a list please guys of things we use daily that don't travel by road at some point, think about that one for a minute!

I learned many years back to not let it get to me, it's part & parcel of driving an hgv for a living.

Again I'll say that the truck driver in this instance did what I and most other hgv drivers would love to do on an almost daily basis to some muppet we encounter but we don't because we're used to it and frankly expect no less.

For whatever reason this guy went further.

I very much look forward to hearing about the hgv driver in question and do wonder if some collusion went on here.

I've seen an incident where an hgv has punted a car off the road, trashing it in the process, in my 19 years as an hgv driver, I've never seen it done repeatedly nor with so little damage to the car involved.

We still only have half of this story.

Last edited:
Associate
Does this guy live in Northampton?

I am pretty sure I have seen a car with police witness stickers on it around the northants area.

I'd imagine he has been antaganizing motorists so an event such as this occurs, hence why he makes no attempt to move away from the lorry so that he can be hit as I am sure this will no doubt no harm his sales or awareness of the company.

What does own a dash cam company entail? surely amazon could claim the same just because they sell them.

Soldato
The guy needs locking up... I mean, just look at what he is knocking out that "Silent Witness Expert" for on his website. £199?! I paid £50 on ebay for the same one ;)

Soldato
Soldato
Jeez what a total muppet this guy is. I hope his stunt really backfires on him and he is prosecuted for either middle lane driving, careless driving or insurance fraud!

He has tweeted a Live Leak video of a pedestrian being stuck by a car in what I can only assume must be a fatal accident - hardly suitable content for a 'business' account?

Soldato
I wouldnt worry, his business isnt exactly what you'd call successful

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07546285/THE-PUBLIC-WITNESS-BUREAU-LIMITED/summary

Just one of the 29 companies he's been a director for, 26 of which have closed (links found on Pistonheads) - Clicky - and one under a slightly different spelling of his name which was only open for a few weeks before dissolving - Clicky

The PH thread has gone all OcUK detective on him which is, frankly, a bit awesome. He's put lots of info on his personal site & work site which has been proven to be porky pies including some belters like County Skeet Shooting Champion (actually came 9th) or helping a struggling company turn into multi-million pound one (actual company annual turn over <£100k) etc.

I genuinely wonder what planet he's on with such a wildly claimed life history which is just utter rubbish :D

Caporegime
OP
Does this guy live in Northampton?

I am pretty sure I have seen a car with police witness stickers on it around the northants area.

I'd imagine he has been antaganizing motorists so an event such as this occurs, hence why he makes no attempt to move away from the lorry so that he can be hit as I am sure this will no doubt no harm his sales or awareness of the company.

What does own a dash cam company entail? surely amazon could claim the same just because they sell them.

Yes he's local to you and has had a previous incident reported in the local press.

http://m.northamptonchron.co.uk/new...miss-on-northamptonshire-roundabout-1-6264093

If you read his story here, it's pretty apparent he's got plenty of form for doing this sort of thing not to mention no clue as to what road markings mean.

Soldato
His twitter handle cracks me right up and pretty much sums up his failed attempts of looking important.

Police and Crime commissioner Candidate PMSL
So you applied and didn't get Selected, probably because you're such a **** jockey

That's like me saying I'm a Special Air Service recruit candidate.
Do shut up you ****

Soldato
His twitter handle cracks me right up and pretty much sums up his failed attempts of looking important.

Police and Crime commissioner Candidate PMSL
So you applied and didn't get Selected, probably because you're such a **** jockey

Actualy he threw the towel in because he was afraid of things coming from outer space. (Although I also suspect he knew he was going loose spectacularly).

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...olice-race-to-focus-on-space-threat-1-4376089

Soldato
He's a tool and is promoting his business. You can clearly see he has his hazards on to add to the driving slowly, he is goading the lorry into doing something and unfortunately the lorry obliged. The car driver / dashcam seller is a complete tool and shouldn't be on the roads and using this as a marketing ploy will hopefully backfire and cause his business to fold.

Sums it up.

Situations like these remind me of the South Park yelp episode. Give someone an inch and they become a world class experienced expert.

Soldato
One other thing that's almost a dead cert is the old saying of "the boy who cried wolf"
I bet your bottom dollar that is why the police took three hours to turn up. They knew him and his tactics, forever calling in "incidents" that warranted no time.
Of course you'll never hear that publicly but I bet the switchboard was "oh god, not that **** again"..

Associate
Reading your post Scania I can't agree more. I know a lot of HGV drivers and even in a car I get so angry at cars hogging the middle lane/outside lane! When you're limited to 56, can only drive for a certain amount of time and want to get home to your family, or somewhere safe to rest and get some good food for the night that 56 down to 50 is a killer and can make all the difference.

I give hats off to you for lasting 19 years and keeping your cool, well done. You truck drivers are what keep us living.

Fuel, food, toys, technology all comes in on a truck but what people probably forget most of all is...

That car you're driving? How did that get from the factory to the dealership? You guessed it, another HGV limited to 56! I only drive 60 miles a day for work on the A1, but if a truck wants to be out to overtake a slower one then I let them out!

Soldato
This chap is seriously desperate of being viewed as some multi billionaire Richard Branson type thing. The reality being he's a nobody without a penny to scratch his arse.

Back
Top Bottom