hi from me :)

Man of Honour
As above about spelling really, that really is quite dreadful.

I can appreciate it isnt your fault, but its SO bad and not really consistent its almost unreal, and I highly doubt you would get kicked out of a school for being bad at spelling, its their job to teach you.

Permabanned
OP
That's because you're probably writing in exams the way you are this post.

I don't believe you would get kicked out of class/school for being bad at spelling. I'm similar ages with you and I know for a fact around 10 people went to the library at lunch to see a teacher to work on spelling,grammar and reading skills. These sort of people also get a scribe for exams usually.

The fact you did computing and then motor mechanics shows you're either not set in what you want to or(in the eyes of the college) just want to milk them for money.
i had bad spelling reading righting so i calding right anething down wile i was in school i got put into a speshel needs unit and thay didont help other then drom me out of aload of classes witch tbh didont help me much

Associate
just fort i wald say...

3969614639_9da41ceddc_o.jpg

Permabanned
OP
As above about spelling really, that really is quite dreadful.

I can appreciate it isnt your fault, but its SO bad and not really consistent its almost unreal, and I highly doubt you would get kicked out of a school for being bad at spelling, its their job to teach you.
it wasant just my spelling i got savear adhd i used to take retalin for it witch i dont fink wald of helped

Permabanned
OP
what about grammer for dummies or spelling made easy. im sorry but you could if you wanted to. How about starting with primary school books and work books?

rotters
i used to read them all the time and tbh i still do how do u fink i can spell as well as i do :) if u new me about 5 years ago u wald understand

Soldato
it wasant just my spelling i got savear adhd i used to take retalin for it witch i dont fink wald of helped

I'm just confused. Very basic level stuff is taught at such a young age and then built up in blocks from there. I think it must be a combination of you not being willing enough or a sever failure on your primary schools part.

You also have no job and a very well speced computer which is confusing.

Man of Honour
i used to read them all the time and tbh i still do how do u fink i can spell as well as i do :) if u new me about 5 years ago u wald understand

The only way you could spell any worse is if you actually wrote nothing. :(

So I dont think I would understand, no.

Soldato
Sorry, I can't help myself.

If you have time on your hands there must be a way to improve your spelling. I very much believe it would be beneficial throughout your life.

If I received an email from systems support in my job and it contained spelling like yours I'd send it back and for a reply from an adult. I'm not trying to be nasty, but you could improve it greatly.

Peoples brains are wired different, I have always struggled with spelling and grammar all my life, I just cant grasp it, I even had extra after school lessons. I'm very good at understanding how stuff works, physics and maths, ETC. but terrible at language.

Soldato
Welcome to the forums!

Glad to hear you've learnt a lot here, you must have gone out of GD at some point...

Don't mean to be cruel or rude, but perhaps instead of blaming other people and things for your shortcomings and 'not helping you', perhaps you should try your best to help yourself. As already mentioned, spelling and grammar can be improved, you just need to practise and make sure you're getting it right, checking as you go. You're not the first (or last) to have that problem.

All the best.

Soldato
This could be a wind up to highlight the meanies.

Spelling errors do happen and people can have bad spelling but I'm not sure whether yours is being exaggerated or not.
It is phonetically written, which makes it better than text speak I think.

May I ask how fast you type? It would explain a bit.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy spending endless hours of fun here in GD as well as in other sections :)

Soldato
Peoples brains are wired different, I have always struggled with spelling and grammar all my life, I just cant grasp it, I even had extra after school lessons. I'm very good at understanding how stuff works, physics and maths, ETC. but terrible at language.

You appear to be doing pretty damn well going by your post :confused:

Permabanned
OP
I'm just confused. Very basic level stuff is taught at such a young age and then built up in blocks from there. I think it must be a combination of you not being willing enough or a sever failure on your primary schools part.

You also have no job and a very well speced computer which is confusing.
i get disability living alowance of 180 evry 2 weeks

my soschel working sorted out all my income :)

i started geting that when i went into fostercear for a week 3 years ago

Soldato

got a friend who's the same, maths, physics etc absolute genius, immense programmer etc doing his masters in software security or some such.
but his english skills let him down for the essays, we'd all proofread for him to make sure he got the grades he deserved.

other people are more practical based, y stepdad for example is an expert cabinet maker, give him wood (arf) and he'll make a masterpiece, he reads all the books he can and has a world of knowledge from fighter jets to bonsai trees and koi carp. but give him any actual english or maths work or put him infront of a computer, and he's lost

Permabanned
OP
This could be a wind up to highlight the meanies.

Spelling errors do happen and people can have bad spelling but I'm not sure whether yours is being exaggerated or not.
It is phonetically written, which makes it better than text speak I think.

May I ask how fast you type? It would explain a bit.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy spending endless hours of fun here in GD as well as in other sections :)
i type fast compeard to a lot of ppl iv seen

Soldato
i get disability living alowance of 180 evry 2 weeks

my soschel working sorted out all my income :)

i started geting that when i went into fostercear for a week 3 years ago

I wish you luck in life but you really need to sort it to get anywhere. My mate and current Gf are dyslexic. My mate got a 2k grant for a laptop because of it :confused:

I'm pretty confident there is something out there that could help you,even at the job centre they had all these courses you could take.

Back
Top Bottom