Hiking, backpacking, trekking, mountaineering...

Man of Honour
I'm looking for motorcycle pants and have been really impressed with the jacket I got from https://pandomoto.com/blog/product-by-tag/kevlar-motorcycle-pants-with-armor/. Does anyone have recommendations for good motorcycle pants? I'm looking for something that offers solid protection, comfort, and style. Any insights would be appreciated!
It's probably better to ask in our motorbike forum:

I also suggest mentioning what type of riding you will be doing (summer, winter, etc), whether you want the to be vented, whether you want A, AA or AAA levels of protection, what style of bike/jeans you're looking for (adventure style, commuting, modern classic, etc). Personally I love Rokker Legend riding jeans.

Soldato
Anyone use "aftermarket" soles for their boots? I like my Altbergs but insoles really don't cut it so looking for something with extra comfort that won't break the bank.

Soldato
I see Salomon Quest 4 GTX are £104.99 in Decathlon at the moment, just picked up a pair as things get toasty in the Altbergs when it's warm out.

Soldato
Anyone use "aftermarket" soles for their boots? I like my Altbergs but insoles really don't cut it so looking for something with extra comfort that won't break the bank.
Depends what you need.

I use Superfeet green, they're pretty stiff to support my deteriorating big toe joints.

I've pretty much given up on doing big mountain days anymore, really takes a toll...although I have just booked a week in Morocco later in the year for trad-climbing, the walkins aren't too bad though generally.

Soldato
I've used sorbothane double strike to replace walking boot footbeds , which I also use in running shoes,
sorbothane also have a thin insole that I use in mountaineering boot;
if the double strikes become water logged they might need more drying out than typical mftr cellular isnole, but those don't absorb shock as well.

Back
Top Bottom