Hmm, What Happens When A PSU Goes BOOM, Fizzle

Right lads.

Its been a very sad day Imo.,

Ive rigoressly tested his pc and found. The psu killed his 3700 San Diego :eek: might not sound too bad at first, but it was a CAB2E One of the best clockers so ive heard, and he never even tried to clock it :eek:

Coulda been a 3Ghz chip :p

RIP San Diego.
RIP Seasonic... :rolleyes:

I still think you should contact them and let them know what happened. A £100 psu shouldn't take out an entire system, and it must have been quite a bang to take the cpu out, as it has its own mini psu on the board.

They might be able to tell you what happened, and they ought to be pretty supprised.

dont know if this will help you but have u got integrated graphics??? if you have connect to that if that doesnt work reset the old bios, that worked fine on a mobo i installed few days ago

tehgazza said:
dont know if this will help you but have u got integrated graphics??? if you have connect to that if that doesnt work reset the old bios, that worked fine on a mobo i installed few days ago
i dont think resetting the bios is going to solve his problems as is CPU is DEAD

Yh, i tried new ram with the old cpu, and it wouldnt give a screen output,

So i removed the 3700 SD and put in my Old 3500 Venice, and it booted straight away.

TaKeN said:
The case is a Thermaltake Armour, and there isnt a speaker in the case, so i cant hear the beeps.

I think that the makers of power supply units should be made to pay for replacing all the pc parts should their psu kill your system

Btw my case does have a speaker :)

I must thank Taken for coming to my house 3 times this week to sort my pc out, now its fully working again and im happy :D

Cheers m8 ;)

TaKeN said:
I think that the makers of power supply units should be made to pay for replacing all the pc parts should their psu kill your system
It would be nice but the only snag is that it would be very difficult to prove it was the PSU?

If compaines say their products contain all these protections to stop the PSU from blowing up other components, then Surly they should offer some sort of warranty for the components plugged into the PSU, if they dont offer a warranty then doesnt it show that its still possible that the protections can fail...

LOL, I bet if you goto a PSU manufacturers company they probably wont even use their own PSU's in their computers ;)..

CurlyWhirly said:
It would be nice but the only snag is that it would be very difficult to prove it was the PSU?
Surge protectors manage it.
Its almost impossible to tell if something attached to a surge protector died as a result of a faulty surge protector.
A surge protector is really a form of insurance, the manufacturer will pay for anything attached to it that dies, providing its likely to have died as a result of a surge. I think they usually give you the benefit of the doubt.

Joe42 said:
Surge protectors manage it.
Its almost impossible to tell if something attached to a surge protector died as a result of a faulty surge protector.
A surge protector is really a form of insurance, the manufacturer will pay for anything attached to it that dies, providing its likely to have died as a result of a surge. I think they usually give you the benefit of the doubt.
Yes you are right with this as I have both a surge protector and a UPS and both offer this insurance.

kinggost said:
normaly when every thing goes boom means im broke and need a new system or want one lol

just a excuse
Not much good when it is your new system thats gone boom... thank god for warranties. I must stop voiding them...

Back
Top Bottom