HMRC - Check your State Pension forecast not working?

Working for me.

ygEwzwk.png

Lol, 2039.... you'll be dead by then.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Hmm, strangely I've got 30 yrs contributions (plenty of gaps! :p ) and it says I need to make 2 more yrs contributions before 2037 to get the full £185.15

But you need 35 yrs worth for the max amount?

I've tried on Chrome and on Edge on my PC and also on my mobile phone both on wifi and 3G/4G and also on Safari on my iPad. My conclusion: HMRC hates me.

What ever you think your pension will be when you retire it won't be enough so make provision for extra dosh.

I have only got 17 yrs left to draw as much pension as I have paid in. 40 yrs paid in and 40 years pulled out.
Somehow I don't think I will make it.

Hmm, strangely I've got 30 yrs contributions (plenty of gaps! :p ) and it says I need to make 2 more yrs contributions before 2037 to get the full £185.15

But you need 35 yrs worth for the max amount?
mines similar,
29 years full
5 more partial
and says i have to make 2 more years payments to get the full amount
may it is less than 35 years for some?

Last edited:
mines similar,
29 years full
5 more partial
and says i have to make 2 more years payments to get the full amount
may it is less than 35 years for some?

I think it used to be 30 yrs for the old basic state pension, but that all changed when the new state pension was introduced in Apr 2016 and anyone retiring after that date now needs 35 yrs. So I really don't know why and googling isn't coming up with anything.

It says I’ve got 35 full years of NI.. on track for the full Monty of £185.15 a week…

Looking at my NI from paid employment from when I started it’s increased over 90x.

I just checked the Mrs, she’s also fully paid up with no gaps which is weird, she literally gave up working for 7 years to look after the kids until they were at school.

They also can’t spell my first name, should I bother getting that corrected?

Last edited:
It says I’ve got 35 full years of NI.. on track for the full Monty of £185.15 a week…

Looking at my NI from paid employment from when I started it’s increased over 90x.

I just checked the Mrs, she’s also fully paid up with no gaps which is weird, she literally gave up working for 7 years to look after the kids until they were at school.

Many things are actually treated as being employed whilst technically not. Thats probably why your Mrs has a full record.
Eg signing on (if thats the term still) one of the benefits is that whilst on JSA you get your NI made up as if you were in employment.

Many things are actually treated as being employed whilst technically not. Thats probably why your Mrs has a full record.
Eg signing on (if thats the term still) one of the benefits is that whilst on JSA you get your NI made up as if you were in employment.
Thanks!

I did sign on for a few days (parents have a strong work ethic, they gave me no choice) I got a cheque for £0.13 and found a job (in a factory) whilst I figured out what to do with my life.

I would probably look into the incorrect name thing. Who knows what excuse they will find to not pay out/make it awkward in years to come.

Back
Top Bottom