1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holidays 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rotty, Jan 3, 2019.

1. MickeyFinns

Man of Honour

It's tough work but I love it :).

Not massively as I'm on early booked economy fares mostly. I'm on the border of gold with star alliance and get the odd upgrade on Turkish airlines but that's about it.

2. MartinPrince

Gangster

Off to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore next month and the east coast U.S.A & Canada in the summer.

3. jrodga2k5

Sgarrista

Looks like I'm going to head back out to Vegas myself in March just to escape from it all for a week :)

Will return to Vegas again with some friends, possibly in September/October time and aiming to attend G2E this year as I have a slot channel and love all things slot machines.

Other than Vegas I have 3 nights in Hamburg for a stag do in May.

4. Snookums

Mobster

Currently trying to decide between Prague and Budapest for 2 or 3 nights end of this month/beginning of Feb. Any recommendations for places to stay and eat as well as things to do in either, yes i know google helps but peoples opinions are much more helpful. I think we are leaning more towards Budapest but interest in anyones experience whos been

5. DanTheMan

Mobster

A week at a Haven in Berwick-upon-Tweed is the only thing we have booked so far!

We've got a 2 year old and 2 dogs so we've decided to stay in the UK this year. We flew 3 times with our daughter last year and it was fine but she's at the frustrating toddler stage and I can't bare the thought of flying with her as I know she would be a pain. Plus, we have to pay for her own seat now which is annoying!

6. Monkeynut

Soldato

Going Center Parcs on the 28th Januaury for 5 days with the in laws. Blackpool in May, and then in October going to Haven.

7. el_dazza

Capodecina

San Diego / Phoenix / Vegas in late April, looking at Ireland for a little trip in June also.

8. tom_nieto

Capodecina

Just booked 4 nights all inclusive to Lanzarote with the wife and child for some sun in February. How life changes after having kids eh?

9. koolpc

Capodecina

Money. Lack of it = no holiday

10. EVH

Don

England vs Wales Rugby in February
    Poland in April for 3 nights
    St Lucia in July for 14 nights (honeymoon)

Flying business class for the honeymoon, so pretty much anything extra is a minor miracle :p

11. Ahleckz

Capodecina

Second trip of the year just booked. Flying into Bordeaux on Saturday, and out of Bilbao 8 days later. Should be a nice, gastronomic trip!

If anyone has been to either (or anywhere in between), love some recommendations. Ideally we'd like to stay at a vineyard...

12. tom_nieto

Capodecina

https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/chac-teau-ormes-de-pez.en-gb.html

This was really nice when we stayed there. The manager was super helpful in organising vineyard tours too. Highly recommended.

13. ianh

Mobster

Got a week in New York at the end of Jan then got 2 weeks "somewhere" in Asia in the summer so starting to look now but, as I'm going alone, I'm looking for something with lots of cultural activities like hiking through the Jungle to visit a temple etc rather than 2 weeks on the lash in Bangkok etc.

14. Bazzards

Hitman

Jan - Iceland for a few days
    April - skiing Tignes for week
    August - Mijas Spain for a week
    October - Hvar croatia for a week

Also looking to go to Tulum Mexico for a week at the tail end of the year , nothing booked yet though.

15. moon man

Wise Guy

call me mr boring but another year in Cornwall i honestly dont feel the need for anywhere else ,

[​IMG]

16. DampCat

Capodecina

Anyone ever booked last minute?

We plan for our honeymoon to just go to the travel agent a week before and see what they've got. Bit nervous about it now though

17. Minxy

Soldato

St Lucia in a couple of weeks time for the boyfriends 50th, a few days in Central France in June or July as we have friends who live over there. Other than that, probably a couple of long weekends camping in the New Forest.

18. el_dazza

Capodecina

I absolutely love Cornwall in the summer. It really is a gem of a place to visit.

19. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

In April I'm going to the Scottish Lochs for 5 days and touring around in a coach.
    In August Mrs Poole is 60 and we are taking her on a surprise holiday on a Sound Of Music tour but also taking in Hitler's Eagles Nest and other stuff.
    We will also probably go somewhere in October, last year we went to Benidorm when we had avoided it all our lives, it was one of the best holidays ever because we love entertainment.

20. tom_nieto

Capodecina

Cornwall is amazing in the summer, but in the winter time it can get pretty miserable. The Easter rugby tours were phenomenal when the sun was shining, but there were a few with sleet which were less fun. The UK in general is pretty under rated by its inhabitants. The West Midlands is probably the last place most people would choose to move to from London for example, but the Worcestershire and Warwickshire countryside is stunning. The views across the Malvern hills are sensational.