Home Networking Help

Soldato
Sorry to jump in but what External grade cat6 cable do you people use? Plenty of choice for indoor networks like the OP is doing but very little choice for outdoor. I use Excel but it's expensive and finding it hard to find another recommended brand. Comms Express mentioned here have a brand called CE but sceptical.

Soldato
Sorry to jump in but what External grade cat6 cable do you people use? Plenty of choice for indoor networks like the OP is doing but very little choice for outdoor. I use Excel but it's expensive and finding it hard to find another recommended brand. Comms Express mentioned here have a brand called CE but sceptical.

What's your budget? You after 305m? eBay does have some stuff that isn't CCA - I bought some previously and terminated it into Excel modules and it passed a certification test with the DSX's with plenty of headroom.

Soldato
OP
Looks like I was wrong and all of the cables have been labelled up :D

Might still get one of the toners as it looks like a handy piece of kit to have in the box.

Any recommendations on cable strippers? The Cyclops Stripper looks good.

Soldato
OP
8 months on and I finally got around to punching all the cables down. All up and running and working a treat :)

The Cyclops and side cutters are brilliant :) Thanks for all the help!

Soldato
I've recently cabled my house, no faceplates or patch panel yet. I didn't bother labelling the cables as I couldn't care less what order my 8 sockets appear on the panel. Hard to think why this would be important on a domestic scale unless I'm missing something?

Soldato
I'm now in the market for an 8 port (maybe 12) patch panel and some single gang faceplates. These will mostly be installed on drywall. I've used Cat6a cable. Can anyone recommend suitable panel I can mount directly to the wall to do I need some kind of hinged wall mounting bracket.

Soldato
A patch panel will be designed to mount on rack brackets.

If you want something mounted directly to the wall without any brackets use faceplates at both ends.

Back
Top Bottom