US: Homeland Season 2 (US A week before UK)

Associate
The president Didn't Go to the memorial service for his own vice-president :confused:

Yeah that was complete garbage. Other annoying things were:
1. No sniffer dogs checking the cars for bombs.
2. Someone being able to move Brody's car and security not questioning them.
3. Someone being allowed to park a car right next to the big building with all the important people in it.
4. CIA immediately knowing it was Brody's car that blew up.
5. No mention of checking CCTV footage - there would definitely be cameras on that parking lot and the footage would not be stored on site for the exact reason shown.

And the whole "Nasir is dead so we don't need security anymore" excuse is nonsense. I don't believe Saul had anything to do with it either. The reason he wasn't there is that otherwise he would be dead. The writers had to give a plausible excuse for him not attending the VP's funeral, so they made him go to Nasir's.

Caporegime
The president Didn't Go to the memorial service for his own vice-president :confused:

Its quite common to not have all the VIP's in the same place at any one time for the exact reason of no attack being able to cripple the government in one hit. So I don't really see that as an issue.

My spidey sense thinks they should look at the CCTV of who parked the car, best not be an oversight!!!

It doesn't matter, if it was Brody behind it, which is obviously still very possible(could easily be not even decided by the writers yet), then it would be suspicious if he just stopped his car there before the ceremony. IE even if Brody is behind it, him driving it in and an inside man moving the car later is the best way to do it.

In terms of the car, if its someone who basically intends to die in the attack, then he could have driven it up and they saw it literally at the second it stopped before security would have had a chance to wonder why they stopped. CCTV showing anyone else doing it doesn't make Brody innocent basically, he's their number one suspect at this time and finding who is in the car might be difficult. If the person never left the car, they are dead, and the only person they know who is in country who is definitely alive and might be involved, is Brody.

Yeah that was complete garbage. Other annoying things were:
1. No sniffer dogs checking the cars for bombs.
2. Someone being able to move Brody's car and security not questioning them.
3. Someone being allowed to park a car right next to the big building with all the important people in it.
4. CIA immediately knowing it was Brody's car that blew up.
5. No mention of checking CCTV footage - there would definitely be cameras on that parking lot and the footage would not be stored on site for the exact reason shown.

And the whole "Nasir is dead so we don't need security anymore" excuse is nonsense. I don't believe Saul had anything to do with it either. The reason he wasn't there is that otherwise he would be dead. The writers had to give a plausible excuse for him not attending the VP's funeral, so they made him go to Nasir's.

1. Sniffer dogs can't find EVERY bomb, every terrorist knows they'll have sniffer dogs, so you can be damn sure terrorists put effort into sealing explosives so they don't smell.

2 and 3. Why, Brody is driven around all the time, he's a congressman, half the people coming to the funeral would have had drivers, and as said if the car was parked 4 seconds before it blew there wouldn't have been time.
Cars pull up to the white house all the time, so a car near a big building being something they wouldn't let happen... no.

4. Cctv would have said whose car it was, people are assuming no cctv has been watched seemingly under the impression that not seeing Brody drive it would mean he wasn't guilty so they couldn't have looked at them. Them saying its Brody's car basically proves they have done and his licence plate would be easily visible... could also easily check which cars are missing from the car park.

5. No need to, its assumed, because your local newsagents would check their camera if they were robbed, of course the CIA ruddy well did.

Nasir is dead so no security.... except they didn't say no security, just not expecting an attack, they believed they foiled the attack and captured the man. I thought the entire time the crew was very obviously set up to be caught, because it was too easy, and stupid.

As for Quinn turning, that makes sense as well. He's an agent, not a killer, he will kill people for his country if its the right thing. Carrie would be utterly destroyed by his death as he said, he's come to realise Carrie basically foiled(by then) a terrorist attack, turned an asset into a double agent, called Brody being a terrorist, captured Nasir, easily the best agent they have and its mental to brake her. He was likely also more convinced that Brody wasn't a bad guy at that point and more convinced that Estes was a bad guy.

IE when he started he had a mission to kill a terrorist and help his boss, weeks later he realises the guy was a tortured soldier who helped them catch a terrorist, he realise his boss was an ass, and he realise Carrie was an awesome agent who needed his protection. More than anything they realised he was a good character and they clearly wanted to humanise him and further re-enforce that Estes is a bad guy to the point a government assassin chose to not help him cover up a heinous crime.. before killing him. IE they made Quinn a "good guy" so the audience like him and so he can partner up with Carrie next season. But he is a good character and it was a good decision.

Decent episode overall, more of it made sense than people think and up till the actual boom I didn't really expect that to happen. I did think the camera crew being caught would lead to some other plan, but thought that was the VP being killed, so didn't really expect the next part of the plan. Saul is always awesome in everything he does, besides having a womans name, he's awesome in general.

I do feel they missed out on a HUGE chance though..... the daughter asks to go to be there for the kid she likes..... that would have been awesome, unfortunately she'll be back for season 3 now :(

Last edited:
Associate
Valid points. I also thought Nasir's gang got caught way too easily, and the fact that Brody recounted his kidnapping to them via a flashback made me think he was lying, but we see too much of him off camera or where he isn't being observed where it's clear he is innocent. For example, when Carrie runs away from Nasir, Nasir has to threaten to run after Carrie in order for Brody to give him the code. And you can see when he is talking to Nasir how distressed he is, but there is non-one around to act for. Also, he didn't have any plan to escape after blowing up the car. And if he intended to die, he would have made sure he was in the car when it blew up, he wouldn't go off with Carrie.

Soldato
All the roads are pointing towards Saul being the mole/terrorist:

1. He was continually against the assassination of Brody as no Brody = nobody available to frame the attack on
2. Why was he the only one from the CIA to attend Nasirs funeral?
3. Saul was the only one (aside from Carrie) with the video footage of Brody pre-suicide bomb
4. He despised the CIA drone strikes killing innocents, therefore exactly the same motive as Brody
5. He chose the CIA over the love of his life
6. Nasir pretty much sacrificed himself instead of escaping and as Brody said "Nasir would sacrifice himself a thousand times over to hit the USA" = perfect setup for Saul not to be at the VP's memorial
7. Saul obviously cares deeply for Carrie and doesn't want her to chose Brody over the job. Pretty obvious that he doesn't want them to be together when the attack happens

It isn't Carrie or Quinn, the only big character left is Saul.

Last edited:
Associate

Well answer to this seems fairly straightforward. They needed a witness from the CIA at the funeral to confirm it was done properly but not too many people who could perhaps have knowledge of roughly where the body is.

One

One

Soldato
You're all morons if you think it's Saul. He so anti-violence and anti-killing innocents there's just no way he would kill several hundred people.

Associate
Completely disagree man! I think Saul is the only level headed 'good guy' in the whole show! The scene at the end where he's in that big hall with the bags is quite telling to me that he was genuinely in shock about the whole thing.

1. He was continually against the assassination of Brody as no Brody = nobody available to frame the attack on Probably because they needed someone else with reasoning against it (he gave good intel and cooperated) otherwise it would have just happened, therefore no season 3
2. Why was he the only one from the CIA to attend Nasirs funeral? Estes sent him there, he didn't decide to go alone
3. Saul was the only one (aside from Carrie) with the video footage of Brody pre-suicide bomb Yeah, he was the one who smuggled it back to prove to Carrie she wasn't insane! Also that gave them proof to actually arrest Brody in the first place iirc. There's noway there was only a single copy of the video, Nazir's people wouldn't be that stupid
4. He despised the CIA drone strikes killing innocents, therefore exactly the same motive as Brody Along with most of the population if they had actually known about it, who wouldn't despise deaths of civillians? Yeah Saul had beef with Estes about it, but only because it was such a massive cover up
5. He chose the CIA over the love of his life It's a pretty involved career, I don't think he had much choice if it meant protecting the country
6. Nasir pretty much sacrificed himself instead of escaping and as Brody said "Nasir would sacrifice himself a thousand times over to hit the USA" = perfect setup for Saul not to be at the VP's memorial Again, Saul didn't decide to go to the sea burial
7. Saul obviously cares deeply for Carrie and doesn't want her to chose Brody over the job. Pretty obvious that he doesn't want them to be together when the attack happens Doesnt want them to be together because of what he planned to do!

But yeah, it was pretty dumb the president wasn't there and that there was no CCTV.

Soldato
Saul said he liked to think his way out of situations and not obliterate people! going back episode after episodes and how he reacts to situations this has the complete cover up story for saul! no one will ever think he was behind this!

very very good episode Quinn i really like too hope he is in s3 a lot...

Soldato
I loved the last episode, really edge of your seat stuff but some of the stuff they write into this is cringeworthy. The general idiocy that people do in the show would never happen in real life, I get you need some artistic liscence but at times it's just plain silly.

The most annoying one for me (well two) is firstly moving the car, as if no one would question it, secondly in the episode where Nasir dies its stupid how the team wander off and leave one guy by himeslf, this would never, ever happen. STUPID!

I do enjoy the show though despite the mistakes and I am looking forward to next season. It seems clear that its going to be Saul but you never know. Love the Quinn character as well.

Also, re the video footage of Brody, I'm sure when I watched it the newsreport said that the terrorist organisation released the video themselves, so it doesn't really point to it being Saul or not.

Associate
I loved the last episode, really edge of your seat stuff but some of the stuff they write into this is cringeworthy. The general idiocy that people do in the show would never happen in real life, I get you need some artistic liscence but at times it's just plain silly.

The most annoying one for me (well two) is firstly moving the car, as if no one would question it, secondly in the episode where Nasir dies its stupid how the team wander off and leave one guy by himeslf, this would never, ever happen. STUPID!

I do enjoy the show though despite the mistakes and I am looking forward to next season. It seems clear that its going to be Saul but you never know. Love the Quinn character as well.

Also, re the video footage of Brody, I'm sure when I watched it the newsreport said that the terrorist organisation released the video themselves, so it doesn't really point to it being Saul or not.

The lone team member also had me ranting at the TV. They said they always work in pairs, so I was wondering what happened to his mate. I thought maybe he was paired with Carrie, but why would he be partnered with her rather than his teammate whom he has trained with? :confused:

Soldato
The lone team member also had me ranting at the TV. They said they always work in pairs, so I was wondering what happened to his mate. I thought maybe he was paired with Carrie, but why would he be partnered with her rather than his teammate whom he has trained with? :confused:

I know it was daft :p

Even if he had have been paired with Carrie for some silly reason, he wouldn't have went into an unexplored area solo!

Caporegime

1. He was continually against the assassination of Brody as no Brody = nobody available to frame the attack on
3. Saul was the only one (aside from Carrie) with the video footage of Brody pre-suicide bomb
4. He despised the CIA drone strikes killing innocents, therefore exactly the same motive as Brody
5. He chose the CIA over the love of his life
6. Nasir pretty much sacrificed himself instead of escaping and as Brody said "Nasir would sacrifice himself a thousand times over to hit the USA" = perfect setup for Saul not to be at the VP's memorial
7. Saul obviously cares deeply for Carrie and doesn't want her to chose Brody over the job. Pretty obvious that he doesn't want them to be together when the attack happens

1/ the ONLY person that wanted him dead was the guy trying to cover up war crimes, CIA agents don't want to kill people for the sake of it, nor do they want to kill assets.

2/ because its policy that someone goes to the funeral to witness it. He doesn't like beaurocrats or Estes, why would he want to go to the funeral?

3/ Not accurate, he gave the footage to Estes, and thats as high up as they needed to go, any more would have blown him as an asset as no one would approve him continuing as senator even to prevent an attack. He didn't keep it to himself, simple as that.

4/ No, not the same motive as Brody, Brody was manipulated through years of torture and being manipulated into a bond with the kid who was killed by the action. Saul didn't have connection to any of these people, nor was he tortured by the group for five years. He's against randomly bombing innocents.. like 99% of the planet. There is a reason Estes and the VP were willing to kill to cover up their involvement, it was an illegal attack.

5/ Not really and, has no bearing on if he's a terrorist or not.

6/ complete tosh, he didn't not escape, it was hiding that almost led to his escape. Had he been on the run they WOULD have found him, once they stopped looking there it would have been much easier to get away as they are looking essentially everywhere but where they've just checked. There is no requirement to be at the VP's funeral, Estes was the VP's *****, wife/Brody were all involved with him in some way. In fact, it could well be Saul went to that as there was no one else high enough that didn't want to go with the funeral.

7/ He doesn't want them to be together because Brody is an ex-terrorist, has wife and kids, has been tortured for 5 years, is not mentally healthy and neither is she. He is like a father figure to her, NO father given the choice would choose Brody for their daughter.

From what I can remember, there is no proof anywhere there is a mole, Carrie's insistence there was one in the search was because she couldn't see how he could have gotten away. If there is a mole, it could be anyone, there has been nothing to date that has pushed the idea that its Saul, and not much to suggest the idea of a mole at all.

The only thing I get from the show is, he's dedicated to his job, loves Carrie(fatherly type love... I think), wants to protect her, went to bat for her loads of times, took any real evidence up the chain straight away, he just doesn't think murdering innocents is a good thing. He's simply a good guy who is doing the work to protect people, while Estes and co are guys doing it for the power. Saul is the good guy character who does the right thing, Quinn agreed with Saul, couldn't see a reason to kill Brody and went against Estes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom