Homo hating religious nuts!

Soldato
e36Adz said:
Well at least they are trying to follow the bible and not changing it to suit their own needs, so they are not hypocrites. Homosexuality is a sin, if you are a christian, muslim or jew at least. Those 3 religions condemn the act of homosexuality, there is no discussion about that point because it is a fact. Nowadays though you have gay priests lol, which is just a mockery of christianity really. Everything that the family was quoting was from the bible which they believe to be from God, therefore they are sticking with that and not following society's views on homosexuality because its actually society that is messed up, not the words of God. If you do not believe in God then or believe in christianity, islam or judaism, its not possible for you to understand where they are coming from because you do not believe in the punishment which lies ahead for those who reject the message of God, whereas that family clearly does believe that so you cannot see eye to eye.

For the record I also believe homosexuality is a sin, because I believe in God.

But...but... that family is crazy!

Associate
e36Adz said:
Well at least they are trying to follow the bible and not changing it to suit their own needs, so they are not hypocrites. Homosexuality is a sin, if you are a christian, muslim or jew at least. Those 3 religions condemn the act of homosexuality, there is no discussion about that point because it is a fact. Nowadays though you have gay priests lol, which is just a mockery of christianity really. Everything that the family was quoting was from the bible which they believe to be from God, therefore they are sticking with that and not following society's views on homosexuality because its actually society that is messed up, not the words of God. If you do not believe in God then or believe in christianity, islam or judaism, its not possible for you to understand where they are coming from because you do not believe in the punishment which lies ahead for those who reject the message of God, whereas that family clearly does believe that so you cannot see eye to eye.

For the record I also believe homosexuality is a sin, because I believe in God.
Anyone that follows a religious text to the word literally is an idiot. fact.

Just thought i'd say it.

/edit what strikes me though is why do people try to engage these people in reasoned argument it is clear they are beyond comprehending it and will live a miserable life because of it.

Soldato
e36Adz said:
(Snip.) For the record I also believe homosexuality is a sin, because I believe in God.
Do you also believe that it's okay to go out of your way to trample on people's feelings because their sons or daughters have died in the line of duty for a "fag-enabling" society?

Do you also believe that it's okay to indoctrinate your children with messages that they are far too young to understand, and to put such messages on signs in their hands at events like funerals?

Do you also believe that it's okay for someone to completely cut another person off and completely slander them at every opportunity just because they don't agree with the beliefs that you have?

If they want to follow their faith and be sure they're saved, then fine they can save themselves. Nobody else cares what these people have to say, and from the way the Phelps' come across, you'd think they would rather just ignore everyone and let them go to the hell they "deserve" rather than waste their own time trying to indoctrinate sinners.

STFU and concentrate on saving yourself, and I say this as someone who was raised Christian but now isn't.

Soldato
Ulfhedjinn said:
Do you also believe that it's okay to go out of your way to trample on people's feelings because their sons or daughters have died in the line of duty for a "fag-enabling" society?

Do you also believe that it's okay to indoctrinate your children with messages that they are far too young to understand, and to put such messages on signs in their hands at events like funerals?

Do you also believe that it's okay for someone to completely cut another person off and completely slander them at every opportunity just because they don't agree with the beliefs that you have?

If they want to follow their faith and be sure they're saved, then fine they can save themselves. Nobody else cares what these people have to say, and from the way the Phelps' come across, you'd think they would rather just ignore everyone and let them go to the hell they "deserve" rather than waste their own time trying to indoctrinate sinners.

STFU and concentrate on saving yourself, and I say this as someone who was raised Christian but now isn't.

Did you purposely ignore post 19? If you missed it, please go back to it.

Soldato
You did bring up afew other points so ok...

Ulfhedjinn said:

No.

Ulfhedjinn said:

No.

Ulfhedjinn said:

No.

Permabanned
Damn, I saw the title "Homo hating religious nuts!" and thought KP had released a new flavour of bar snack. Imagine my disappointment when I saw it was about that disturbing, but funny in a loopy kind of way, cult!

Permabanned
Someone should blow those muthas away, then that will contradict what they're saying, If they were obeying god's standards, then got pwnt by a hail of gunfire, that (in their eyes) would be 'God's wrath' right? and they must have done something to deserve that...

Soldato
I can't actually believe what I'm hearing. This is absolutely disgusting, and disgraceful. Of couse people are entitled to their own opinion, but how can they justify telling someone, pretty much to their face, that their dead son is going straight to hell. It's just digusting. I just can't believe people like this are in existance.

Associate
Religious extremism is, unfortunately, a part and parcel of life these days. Everybody looks to Islam for criticism these days but when you recall that America was founded by a group of religious nutts it really is quite terrifying to see the effect brain washing has people.

Mormons, Scientology, Phelps

Cookoo!

To be honest, just see it for what it is. Forget the phelps, they are meaningless. These people only say the horrible things they do to get a reaction. Ignore them, dont let anything they say anger you. Let it wash over you as the rubbish it is. Go on with your life knowing you and all those you love are far far better than them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Clinkz said:
To be honest, just see it for what it is. Forget the phelps, they are meaningless. These people only say the horrible things they do to get a reaction. Ignore them, dont let anything they say anger you. Let it wash over you as the rubbish it is. Go on with your life knowing you and all those you love are far far better than them.
A cracking bit of advice. :)

Associate
A few weeks ago at university the class was chatting when the subject moved on to homosexuality. I was left practically speechless when out of the twelve people in the room (including the lecturer) it turned out that only myself and one other student were the only ones speaking up against the knuckle dragging sh*tbags who were either shockingly ignorant or just letting their religion dictate their thoughts on the subject.

I always thought the scum that turn up in these chat shows were exagerated stereotypes until three weeks ago i saw an uncle and two cousins of mine on the bloody Jeremy Kyle show :( . Hadnt seen them for a good few years but they werent far off hte nutters from those clips.

Soldato
Stiff_Cookie said:
I think organized religion will be the downfall of man in the long run.

Its people like the phelps and other religious nuts that scare me more than any other thing on this planet.

The Phelps are really nothing though, in the grand scheme (history) of Christianity.. It's a religion which borrowed successful ideas from other religions to start with, and then went about waging war, bullying, raping, paedophilia (supposedly still rife within the church) and oppressing women terribly for century's. To go blindly into a faith is silly enough, but to not question the well documented history of atrocities accredited to a chosen religion is idiocy.

The anti-gay Christianity thing is a marvel. Because when you think about it, a group of people decided: "No, I think this religion will be against that. Even though we all regularly bugger small boys. This book we're writing, the bible. We'll condemn it in that shall we?, excellent!". And lo the gaybashing commenced.

That isn't meant to offend any Christians in the slightest btw, I respect anyone's choice to have faith in god/religion. I myself was raised a Roman Catholic. I haven't practised religion for around 14 years though, I just happen to think that if there were a god, it would most definitely not be so vein as to want my traditional worship. A truer worship would be to enjoy the world that it had created, and find some kind of harmony within it, imo (that will no doubt be tagged as student/hippy carp, but it seems quite reasonable to me).

Soldato
OP
$loth said:
The funny thing is, there wasn't even a concept of homosexuality back in jesus' day.

There most probably was, I bet it goes back to the stone ages.

benneh said:
That isn't meant to offend any Christians in the slightest btw, I respect anyone's choice to have faith in god/religion. I myself was raised a Roman Catholic. I haven't practised religion for around 14 years though, I just happen to think that if there were a god, it would most definitely not be so vein as to want my traditional worship. A truer worship would be to enjoy the world that it had created, and find some kind of harmony within it, imo (that will no doubt be tagged as student/hippy carp, but it seems quite reasonable to me).

Yea, I agree with that and is more or less what I live by. Having religion forced on me at a young age, as soon as I could think for myself (around the age of 7/8) I rebelled against it, and not taken any notice of religion since, however I have read parts of the bible, just for readings sake but never take any notice of the corrupted/conflicting messages it sends out.

Soldato
$loth said:
The funny thing is, there wasn't even a concept of homosexuality back in jesus' day.
There sure was. It was acceptable in ancient Greece, and has been recorded in east Asia (mainly China) since around 650BC.

Suspended
AcidHell2 said:
It has nothing to do with religion, it has everything to do with a brain washing maniac . . .
It does seem a bit harsh to describe Kyle as a brain washing maniac.

He is the 21st Century's greatest Philosopher, encouraging sober, reasoned debate on important issues of the day and the natural inheritor of the mantle of the misunderstood, much maligned and maliciously alleged racist but saintly Robert Kilroy-Silk.

Leave Jeremy Kyle alone!

Some of the above may be a wee bit tongue-in-cheek :p

Back
Top Bottom