** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

Caporegime
Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.0.43.0 Release Notes

Various crash fixes and stability improvements.
Resolved an issue that prevented players from claiming rewards at the Hunting Grounds when using the mouse.
The HDR Max Luminance slider is now functioning correctly.
The game is now able to save when the Documents folder is rerouted to the root of a drive instead of a folder.
DLSS 3 Frame Generation is now active in cutscenes and while UI screens such as the weapon wheel are displayed.
Photo Mode now shows the correct ‘Hide UI’ button prompt when using a controller.
Fixed a bug that could result in multiple Quest categories being highlighted at the same time.
Resolved a bug that caused a mouse cursor offset on the map on resolutions other than 1920×1080 pixels.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.0.43.0 Release Notes

Various crash fixes and stability improvements.
Resolved an issue that prevented players from claiming rewards at the Hunting Grounds when using the mouse.
The HDR Max Luminance slider is now functioning correctly.
The game is now able to save when the Documents folder is rerouted to the root of a drive instead of a folder.
DLSS 3 Frame Generation is now active in cutscenes and while UI screens such as the weapon wheel are displayed.
Photo Mode now shows the correct ‘Hide UI’ button prompt when using a controller.
Fixed a bug that could result in multiple Quest categories being highlighted at the same time.
Resolved a bug that caused a mouse cursor offset on the map on resolutions other than 1920×1080 pixels.

Nice :D

Soldato
How does this compare to the first one, I enjoyed that but was happy for it to finish when I got to the end, is it pretty much more of the same or better in some ways?

Soldato
Quite enjoying this so far. The original was really enjoyable. So far seems very much more of the same, which I cant complain at. Only just finished the intro as it were. As good as it is so far I'd like to hope it picks up more as I get through it.
Very good performance so far even with stuff cranked up to the max, very impressed with the optimisation. This is the kind of quality of port that should be standard baseline. You can tell effort has been put in to bring this to a standard that the developer is proud to release.

Man of Honour
How does this compare to the first one, I enjoyed that but was happy for it to finish when I got to the end, is it pretty much more of the same or better in some ways?

Thats the one thing holding me back from getting this, despite trying 3 or 4 times to play through Horizon Zero Dawn, I always got bored part way through and never finished the game. Which considering that I 100% Ubisoft games like they are chocolate bars is saying something.

Soldato
30 hours in. It is an Ubi-style open world. Too much filler collectible nonsense, not enough focus on immersion. As such, it can never be as good as my favourite open world RPGs like Witcher 3, Kingdom Come or New Vegas.
But, that said, it does have a clear improvement in quality of sidequests and dialogue, in both presentation and actual writing, compared to the first game. I am enjoying the combat. And the world is *ridiculously* gorgeous. So I think I will manage to spend some 100 hours here, maybe more.

2420110-20240328232135-1.png

2420110-20240328222743-1.png

2420110-20240328232024-1.png

2420110-20240324141341-1.png

2420110-20240324141158-1.png

2420110-20240324140509-1.png

Man of Honour
30 hours in. It is an Ubi-style open world. Too much filler collectible nonsense, not enough focus on immersion. As such, it can never be as good as my favourite open world RPGs like Witcher 3, Kingdom Come or New Vegas.
But, that said, it does have a clear improvement in quality of sidequests and dialogue, in both presentation and actual writing, compared to the first game. I am enjoying the combat. And the world is *ridiculously* gorgeous. So I think I will manage to spend some 100 hours here, maybe more.

Thats where my concern is. Primarily because I got bored of the first one before completion. It does look stunning but I need a game to be more than a screenshot generator and I fear that as I ultimately found the first one boring after a while and the 2nd seems to be more of the same, that I will suffer the same boredom half way through. Its not even the filler content that bored me in the first one, I got bored of bow'ing everything and somehow I got bored of the gameworld. Maybe this is one that I should grab in a sale in a year or two as a filler game between titles

Soldato
@Paul_cz It is absolutely ubi-esque, it borrowed many elements from it and I think was called out (the original game) for it.
Like it had towers, they just moved around, the ac-lite stealth stuff etc.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Thats the one thing holding me back from getting this, despite trying 3 or 4 times to play through Horizon Zero Dawn, I always got bored part way through and never finished the game. Which considering that I 100% Ubisoft games like they are chocolate bars is saying something.

It is sir. It says lack of taste :p

Man of Honour
I've been playing a bit more but with the controller and actually I gotta say motion controls feels less like a gimmick having used it more. Actually feels more immersive, especially like that it uses the high level haptic feedback just as you aim the bow & arrow before settling to stable aiming and the screen shakes subtly as the vibration is happening. You don't get any of that aiming with the mouse, and as it's motion aiming, can do precision quick aiming with the gyro once accustomed to this control method.

Not sure if this clip portrays the vibration/shake effectively but you get the idea. I also like that don't even need to manually focus on Steam to launch games this way, just press the guide button, steam opens in big picture mode, click the game, play.

Effectively a glorified console :o

Reactions: TNA
Associate
@Tombstone There’s a good selection of weapons in HFW, maybe to many, but if you get bored of just using the bow try changing it up and switching weapons.

The shredder gauntlets can be a lot of fun against certain enemies especially as you need to retrieve the charge to do more damage on the next attack. Bolt blasters also aren’t bad and can do a lot of damage along with the spike throwers.

Or try mixing it up with traps, I had a fair amount of fun setting up traps and luring enemies in to kill zones and taking them down, espeically the larger ones or groups of enemies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@Tombstone There’s a good selection of weapons in HFW, maybe to many, but if you get bored of just using the bow try changing it up and switching weapons.

The shredder gauntlets can be a lot of fun against certain enemies especially as you need to retrieve the charge to do more damage on the next attack. Bolt blasters also aren’t bad and can do a lot of damage along with the spike throwers.

Or try mixing it up with traps, I had a fair amount of fun setting up traps and luring enemies in to kill zones and taking them down, espeically the larger ones or groups of enemies.

I had a lot of fun doing that in HZD. Not got that weapon yet.

Man of Honour
I did, Alex mentions XeSS Quality (or maybe performance as he uses DLSS in Performance mode on 4K) shimmering issues, no such issue observed in XeSS Ultra Quality (native render so no upscaling applied), which is what I was using :p

Last edited:
  • Haha

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I did, Alex mentions XeSS Quality (or maybe performance as he uses DLSS in Performance mode on 4K) shimmering issues, no such issue observed in XeSS Ultra Quality (native render so no upscaling applied), which is what I was using :p

To the untrained eye, or at least one that sits 4 foot away from the monitor perhaps :cry:

Man of Honour
To the untrained eye, or at least one that sits 4 foot away from the monitor perhaps :cry:

I had to jump back in to check as was not paying attention for ghosting of particles previously :o

The gist is:
FSR 2.2 Quality = Fizzled particle movement on freeze frame
XeSS Ultra Quality = Ghosting/smearing of moving particles
DLSS Quality = No issues
DLAA = No issues

Oh yeah I mentioned NV filters is the best and easiest way to remove the yellow colour cast in this game, here are my settings, it's subtle but gets rid of the yellow.

dL8PDOq.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom