Host Required...

daz

daz

Soldato
The Mad Rapper said:
I've checked, they aren't. That's not indicative of anything though, it's not a huge review site so it's going to be all encompassing.

It's not indicative of anything other than ratings and reviews of hosts that are (or have been) used by lots of OcUK forum members. :)
dunno.gif

Suspended
OP
daz said:
It's not indicative of anything other than ratings and reviews of hosts that are (or have been) used by lots of OcUK forum members. :)
dunno.gif

I accept your point, I wasn't trying to be difficult. I am just always wary of a review site I look at where so many companies have 10/10. They can't all be that good ;)

daz

daz

Soldato
It's a shame it's not slightly more objective or critical, but that's the nature of it. People tend to either give a host 1 or 2 or 3 (if they're bad) or just go for 9 or 10. In reality, there's no objective sliding scale... what does it mean if somebody gives a host a 9 instead of a 10? Or a 4 instead of a 2? :/

Suspended
OP
daz said:
It's a shame it's not slightly more objective or critical, but that's the nature of it. People tend to either give a host 1 or 2 or 3 (if they're bad) or just go for 9 or 10. In reality, there's no objective sliding scale... what does it mean if somebody gives a host a 9 instead of a 10? Or a 4 instead of a 2? :/

I agree, it's easier to see quality in a 1-5 scale, then a 1-10 scale.

Caporegime
Actually, it's easier to judge quality with no rating at all because scaling is completely subjective, so you get to read actual reviews and decide for yourself.

Some use a scale 'accurately' where as you'll find some won't put below 5 unless it was appalling, and the mediocre number is around 7 when it should be 5.. and so on.

But of course it takes a little longer to read a paragraph or two for every review, and not just those "Thumbs up, good host. 10/10" or "Ok host, nothing special. 6.12312346/10."

But what makes them "good" or "nothing special"? :p

All because people perceive the mid-point to be a 0 and not what it really is.. the middle.

Same goes for magazines rating computer games "This was just a run of the mill, average game. 75%" so 75% is the mediocre point..

[/rabble]

daz

daz

Soldato
VizonHost?

From vizonhost.com
We are based in the heart of London's Docklands area at the Redbus Datacentre Facility. You will be hosted on our state-of-the-art systems, professionally managed running CentOS Linux with Apache web server from a secure data centre with redundant connectivity and fire supression systems.

Our typical server specification features a Pentium 4 "Prescott" 3.0Ghz Processor with 512MB RAM and multiple SATA hard disks in RAID confuguration for high levels of redundancy.

From another site... ;)
We are based in the heart of London's Docklands area at Redbus Meridian Gate - Our state-of-the-art systems, running Red Hat Linux with Apache web server from a secure data centre with redundant connectivity, fire suppression systems and regular backups, feature:-
(list of features)

Our typical server specification includes the Intel P4 "Prescott" 2.8Ghz with 1MB cache and Hyper Threading technology, 512MB DDR RAM and large SATA hard disks.

Somebody has been stealing/paraphrasing...

Back
Top Bottom