Hot/warm hatch <5k

Soldato
Here's some curveballs for you:

Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
Audi S3 (Mk1)
Audi A3 3.2FSI
Mazda 3 MPS
Golf R32 (Mk4)

All these seem to be heading towards the £5K mark now. You might even be able to find an Astra VXR around that money but like the Focus, I personally wouldn't as it'll be bottom of the barrel.

Also note that all of the cars above with the exception of the S3 and maybe the MPS are likely to be a bit thirsty.

Soldato
OP
an MPS would be high on the list if I could find one for anywhere near 5k. The S3 is a nice idea. The Alfa is out as the SWMBO thinks they look like Hannibal Lecter :D

Soldato
Mazda 3MPS are dropping, that is because they are about £480 to tax and very thirstie. Really expensive cars to run. A VXR is no go for 5k, will be a Cat C money pit.

All them in Tutes list are far from cheap to run and can cost a lot when things go wrong.

I would keep looking at Fiestas, Hondas and Renault sport Clio/Megane.

Soldato
OP
You can buy my 182 in 5 months if you like? I'll probably only sell it for about £2,500-3,000, if that.
Thanks, but I don't fancy walking everywhere till then :p

Loan car has just turned up. Brand new Vauxhall corsa which is ok. Anyone know how long it takes insurance to pay up for write offs? Other guy admitted fault which should speed things up.

Soldato
OP
Insurance company have come up with their first valuation for my Fabia and I'm not happy :mad: £3200 :mad:

'05 Fabia vRS
78,000miles
Full history
Good condition

What should I be looking at realistically?

Associate
Are they really any good? I wouldn't have associated a Toyota Corolla with fun driving.

oh yes a lot of fun the t sport or the compressor ( t sport with supercharge) are really good fun and the funny thing is no one expects to be over taken by one. iv had clios and ctr's and i have to say that the corolla is a lot of and roomy when you kit 6k rev or shoots round to 9.2k with a massiv burst of power.

Back
Top Bottom