Hot Water Bottle burst over me :(

Permabanned
Doesn't look bad at all, it looks similar but bigger to how my arm looked after reaching over the kettle while it was coming to the boil. Was a weirdly enjoyable pain for the rest of the day.

Mine filled up with fluid and swished about when moving :)

2XlMima.jpg

Caporegime
OP
I'm sure it's painful, but calling an Ambulance !

No wonder the emergency services are under pressure.

To put this to rest once and for all, I phoned the NHS line and they recommended an Ambulance to be on the safe side. The Ambulance came out, said it was a good thing they were called as burns can be an uknown, even more so if the body goes in to shock. The Ambulance guy got a lovely cup of tea, he was happy to be there and left not long after on his next call out.

IF it had burned beyond the nerves I would've gone in to hospital yes. And no I'm not angry with the pettyness of some members, it was expected :)

ps at the time, my arm was red from the wrist all the way down to the elbow in length. This is what you see today

Soldato
One very important thing op is to be wary of septic shock as a result of this. If you have sought medical attention they would likely advise the same.

If you start feeling drowsy, overly tired or anything like a feeling out of the ordinary call 111

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Looks bad :(

I'm guessing; overfilled, perished rubber and/or excessive weight on one side. It's why I really don't like using them for this very reason.. fall asleep and roll over and it's pain.

Caporegime
OP

Very sore at the moment, but not as bad as earlier thanks to fresh air and meds. Just gone rather red and feels like I've got leather around my wrist :p

Man of Honour
Ouch. That might scar. When I was a kid my hot water bottle had a metal stopper which burned my leg while I was asleep. It blistered in a similar way. The mark is still (faintly) there.

Back
Top Bottom