Houses collapse into road sinkhole in Manchester

Caporegime
You'd be bricking it wondering if you answered all the insurance questions correctly. I wonder if they answered, house of red brick construction and didn't divulge that the outside had been rendered. Unfortunately not declared alterations to the property? Previous evidence of subsidence etc?
The only thing that would matter here is any previous subsidence, its construction played no part on it falling down.

Soldato
If your insurance expires, how are the bank going to know? The first year I had my house and I changed insurer, I went in to the bank to inform them I had changed (mortgage advisor at the time told me I had to provide proof) and they looked at me weird, they eventually they dug out a number to send a fax on to.
I get a letter from the mortgage company each year confirming my insurance so they must know.

Soldato
The only thing that would matter here is any previous subsidence, its construction played no part on it falling down.
Except probably the lack of or the age of the cavity wall ties and narrow plain concrete strip footings due to the type and age of the building. It is probable that the sewer had been leaking for a while creating a large underground void around it

Soldato
I guess Natwest just don't care then.
I have to list them as a vested interest or as a 3rd person along with me and the wife. They also have to be on their list of approved insurance companies and to a certain level. Guess since are more strict than others.

Caporegime
Except probably the lack of or the age of the cavity wall ties and narrow plain concrete strip footings due to the type and age of the building. It is probable that the sewer had been leaking for a while creating a large underground void around it
Pretty sure any house will fall down if you open up a void under it.

Back
Top Bottom