• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How are people getting GPU's ?

Associate
getting a bit desperate now, pc been sat there for over 6 months and a 3080 for £1.2k is actually looking reasonable because i dont think i will ever get a 3080 this year. only just bagged a CPU at normal price and been watching vendors inflate prices massively over the last few months its totally crazy.

Associate
getting a bit desperate now, pc been sat there for over 6 months and a 3080 for £1.2k is actually looking reasonable because I don't think I will ever get a 3080 this year. only just bagged a CPU at normal price and been watching vendors inflate prices massively over the last few months its totally crazy.

I know its not great advice, but if you really need a card I would say just buy one (from a retailer) and mine on it to recoup some of the cost. Saying that I think come June/July? when something to do with ETH changes the mining profitability from GPUs might go down and demand might drop from miners? Don't quote me on this though I am no expert.

Caporegime
I know its not great advice, but if you really need a card I would say just buy one (from a retailer) and mine on it to recoup some of the cost. Saying that I think come June/July? when something to do with ETH changes the mining profitability from GPUs might go down and demand might drop from miners? Don't quote me on this though I am no expert.
No retailers have any cards to sell

Associate
I got my XFX 6800XT by paying £1175 for it about 4 weeks ago, a big hit to the wallet.
I then sold my 2 year old Radeon VII for £1650 a week later.
Only way if you can't wait another six months.

Associate
So you've been a member here since June 2012, let's call it 106 months. 157 posts in that period is 1.48 posts a month.

You must be super duper seriously busy, how do you find time to eat or sleep ;)

This forum is a valuable resource to gather info, but is also an incredible place to chat and contribute. The MM sets a realistic target of 1k posts and is there for the community, for those who actively contribute.

Since OcUK did the MM deals, there have been plenty of low post count members complaining. To those people........If you had contributed to this community over the period you've been here, then you would have had a chance to grab a card from the MM deals. Any annoyance at lack of posts should be directed right back at yourself.

I've contributed to OCUK by spending thousands of pounds, not because of a 1000 posts...oh dear....

Associate
Isn't that just perpetuating the cycle though? I think holding out for another few months is the only reasonable option because I have yet to see any retailers with stock (it's usually eaten by a bot in the middle of the night) even at inflated prices.

Mid range been hit now. on the plus side cyberpunk might be playable by the time we all get gfx ards

Cyberpunk v1.22 is in a playable state, it still has a few bugs but none of them are what I call show stoppers (it's flatlined / crashed to desktop once on me).
I'm currently on my second playthrough on a different background path, gender and difficulty setting. :cool:

Soldato
:D

I've manged to snag a bargain GPU upgrade of the Bay! My Zen 2 3600 is currently paired with my poor old HD5770 1Gb with it's broken fan and that can finally be replaced with the mighty:

RX 560 4 Gb which set me back £130 :o

Still that should be enough to see my meger gaming needs through until supply is fixed and prices drop back down to a more manageable level and I'll be able to sell that on for £50/£60 down the road so not the end of world.

Whats with the 1000+ posts? Do you get a free GPU?
You get access to the members market. Gibbo has been posting discount codes in their for forum members to buy the latest AMD and Nvidia cards at reasonable price (Gibbo lists the cards on the store at £10,000 a pop and you use the code to discount it to £500.)

Permabanned
:D

I've manged to snag a bargain GPU upgrade of the Bay! My Zen 2 3600 is currently paired with my poor old HD5770 1Gb with it's broken fan and that can finally be replaced with the mighty:

RX 560 4 Gb which set me back £130 :o

Still that should be enough to see my meger gaming needs through until supply is fixed and prices drop back down to a more manageable level and I'll be able to sell that on for £50/£60 down the road so not the end of world.

You get access to the members market. Gibbo has been posting discount codes in their for forum members to buy the latest AMD and Nvidia cards at reasonable price (Gibbo lists the cards on the store at £10,000 a pop and you use the code to discount it to £500.)

Okay, but some of us have been buying from OcUk for 10 plus years and don't post on the forum to get 1000+ posts. Where is the rewarding sense in that! Totally unfair to many loyal OcUk customers.

Soldato
Okay, but some of us have been buying from OcUk for 10 plus years and don't post on the forum to get 1000+ posts. Where is the rewarding sense in that! Totally unfair to many loyal OcUk customers.
A lot of the people who are posting on the forums are posting helpful advice, tips and giving recommendations to other folk are looking to replace or upgrade their systems (either that or talking about their Dad's profession of exterminating a certain type of flying insect on the general discussion forums). The voucher system isn't perfect by any means as when Gibbo done a public one for 300 RX 6700 XT's the voucher coded ended up being posted on another forum within 10mins of being posted on here (it took about 40mins for OCUK to sell all of those cards BTW) but if Gibbo posts these for general sale they will get bought with seconds.

Associate
Tragedy of the commons, it only takes one dodgy member to abuse that voucher system which DID happen and many cards were taken by bots. I've been scanning these forums for years and whilst I am disappointed not to have access to the 1k club I must admit it is for the greater good.

Soldato

Plenty of people have also been buying off OcUK for 10+yrs and have multiple thousands of posts on the forum.

It's totally unfair we don't get half price GPUs for being such amazing OcUKers, waahhhh waahhhh why is it soo unfair waahhhh wahhhh ;)

Man of Honour
How much better in terms of performance if you were to put it down to % would you say is the 6800 compared to the 6700?

Oh it's massively faster. I dunno 30% or so up to 40% or so faster at the higher resolutions. Both cards are nitro+ versions. It's also 33% or so faster at mining :) If thats your thing. Mind you if thats your thing just buy a 3070.

Back
Top Bottom