• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How are people with 3000 series cards faring with PSU usage?

Associate
I have an overclocked 10900k and an overclocked 3090FE running from a 850W Asus PSU, no issues at all and my entire house is pulling less than 650w when gaming so I don't forsee any either.

Associate
I have the Palit OC, I moved the power slide to 109% in Afternburner as it is very power bound due to being basically reference 320w, now peaking out about 345w in HWInfo. This really helped with clock maintenance, as did undervolting in order to use power more efficiently. It now hardly every drops from 1980mhz, previously I was getting sub-1800mhz in games like Metro Exodus due to power rather than heat. Real world performance in benchmarks has increased so there's no clock stretching with the undervolt or anything like that.

Really sweet chip, even if the the Palit is a pretty basic model.

Back
Top Bottom