• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How can I make my GTX660 utilise more memory?

Caporegime
I know that the GTX660 has clever features which regulate the clock speeds and memory in use to save power and help it to run cooler etc, but when I play borderlands 2 my frame rate can be anywhere between 40 and 100 fps in the same area. I get a higher frame rate when the GPU decides to use more memory (I monitor it on my keyboard LCD).

Is there any way I can force the GPU to use more memory? It uses about 700MB on Borderlands 2, I would like it to use at least 1GB because when it decides to use less memory the frames drop to less than I was getting with my GTX480.

I would preferably like the GPU to run at full whack with the maximum clocks and maximum memory whenever I am in a game.

Back
Top Bottom