How Corporate Greed is Killing Your Favourite Video Games

Soldato
I don't get why the industry doesn't see the success of games like Elden Ring and realise what they're doing isn't working. Instead you have greedy corpos like WB doubling down even after loosing 200 million on that Suicide Squad game. The first 3 batman games from Rocksteady were amazing and they would have made a massive profit if they just released another game like that.

Associate
These are the guys who have been producing games for the past decade?

Perhaps the majority of them should go back and put some time in at school while they’re still young.

Last edited:
Caporegime
excellent quote from that video

"beholden to shareholders, it's not enough to make a game that makes some money and pays its workers and leadership a decent wage. Shareholders expect constant growth."

And that's what wrong with industry in a nut shell. It's why game companies are always chasing the next big thing in monetisation, chasing industry trends, milking established franchises and just generally chasing shareholder revenue above all else.

Soldato
But we are all to blame really, because, who is buying this ****?

Ultimately if people don't buy these games, they won't make money.

The only game I've bought this year is Minecraft.

Soldato
It's kids asking their parents to buy it for them I reckon. As adults we can make informed choices (well at least some of us) but kids tend to want instant gratification. I always think back to when I was younger and I would see a new toy on tv, how they would hype it up and I always got suckered in haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom