How Corporate Greed is Killing Your Favourite Video Games

Brilliant, just Brilliant.

Asmongold streamed 40K Space Marine 2, the CEO of the studio left a comment on the Youtube video briefly explaining his own feelings about.........all of this..........here is what happened.

@JonRGV250 you see it is changing, they are no longer afraid of these people and the legacy gaming media who back them.

Along the same vain.....

we are at the beginning of the end of all this.

Last edited:
Lets hope so, although there's still some horrors in the pipeline before the corporate profit (or lack of it) hits home.
Hopefully the decent devs out there will stick around and not leave for other career avenues whilst this **** show blows over.

And all because shareholders and execs don't give a damn about creative output, peoples lives or anything unrelated to lining their own profit pockets.

Quite sad.

This line can be pretty much applied across the board.. not just video games.. but then again.. that's capitalism.. what did we expect?

and yes it is very sad..

Oh

2T6ieG6.png

Not sure it's corporate greed or just stupidity, but it seems the players don't want what they're selling.
Maybe they'll learn one day?

Last edited:
Honestly, at this point I don't even know who to blame anymore, is it DEI merchants, **** poor employees who have quietly quit their jobs because game development isn't what it used to be, etc.? The list is huge.

Genuine passion projects, where the focus is on the end result in terms of the game and how it plays, seem to be few and far between these days. A lot of it seems to be about sending an ideological message or finding ways to keep people spending money on microtransactions for as long as possible, despite the fact that most of the time these purchases do not actually give the player a better experience.

Would not mind seeing Ubisoft go under actually. Not been a fan of that company for at least a decade now. Was the same with EA, but they are not as bad as they used to be.

Hate all the corporate greed. Just want people passionate about making games in charge and let them get on with it.

Honestly, at this point I don't even know who to blame anymore, is it DEI merchants, **** poor employees who have quietly quit their jobs because game development isn't what it used to be, etc.? The list is huge.

Genuine passion projects, where the focus is on the end result in terms of the game and how it plays, seem to be few and far between these days. A lot of it seems to be about sending an ideological message or finding ways to keep people spending money on microtransactions for as long as possible, despite the fact that most of the time these purchases do not actually give the player a better experience.

Yeah man. It sucks. That is why I have been finding myself buying more indie games the past few years.

Been spending most my time the past week or so playing Shogun Showdown on my Steam Deck and having a blast.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom