How do folk with slow 'net download modern games?

Soldato
I know someone who isn't meant to adjust their monitor! :p

Years ago when I worked on an IT helpdesk I had a women call me because she'd couldn't adjust her chair properly, I said "oh that's a questions for Facilities let me put you through", she retorted in an indignant voice "yes but it's a computer chair" ..... ... .. .! :rolleyes: :D

Soldato
Years ago when I worked on an IT helpdesk I had a women call me because she'd couldn't adjust her chair properly, I said "oh that's a questions for Facilities let me put you through", she retorted in an indignant voice "yes but it's a computer chair" ..... ... .. .! :rolleyes: :D
You should have fitted a cable from the chair and said you need to plug her into the Matrix

Associate
my mate gets 500-750kbps download so he normally gives me his external hdd and I put games on there for him and then he pastes them into steam, he gave up on cod though, 10gb update takes him 8-12 hours with no one using the internet lmao, it sucks because certain games like fighting games he just cant play, even wired in he just lags like crazy

Soldato
I'm moving from a flat that has 1 gigabit internet to a house with a maximum of 40 megabit. Mega depressing.
Thought I had it bad. I’ve gone from my parents house that had 220/20 with Virgin to a small flat with BT and barely have 75/20 at the best of times.

I rarely download and play games these days though given how hectic working life is during this pandemic but game updates take noticeably longer so I just go afk for a good while.

Back
Top Bottom