how do i get HDR working please?

Associate
hi all

so I have an ACER KG271B monitor which is HDR ready,yet in the menu option on the screen it is greyed out.
im sure I had it enabled once when I first got the monitor but not sure how lol.

its a 240hz 1080p panel and im using display port on a 1080ti.

any ideas?
cheers

Associate
If you running W10, make sure Play HDR games and apps under Windows HD Colour is turned on in settings.
For your monitor make sure you have at least DisplayPort ver 1.2 set.
My Samsung monitor will not activate HDR if less then DP 1.2 is set.

Associate
OP
hi
yes im running windows 10
yes it is set at 1.2 on the monitor

where is the HDR setting you speak of?
I also see in nvidia panel the max bpc I can set is 8 regardless of wether I choose rgb full,limited or 444/422.

Associate
OP
hi
on the video playback setting it says 'we didn't find any displays set up for HDR'

if I use dxdiag and use the monitor tab and scroll down it says HDR not supported,

it looks like I have to enable it I guess on the monitor but its greyed out.

Soldato
Yep that option is not there so either the monitor does not have true HDR support or it has one of those fake HDR picture settings modes.

Soldato
The manual does not mention anything about HDR support but in the specifications it says.

<li>High Dynamic Range (HDR)</li><li>Navigation Key</li>

So it there a button on the monitor or a option in the menu to turn it on?

Associate
OP
yes using displayport with good cables,i can run 240hz no problem,i have 3 of these monitors too and all are the same.
oh well thanks for the help guys..

you can see the HDR is greyed out and cannot change it,now I seem to recall I inititally had my center monitor on a hdmi cable,again being able to run 240hz ok on it..i wonder if that's the issue.

2hgroBb.jpg.png

Associate
OP
yes I tried that,im at 60hz now on all 3 monitors,i even tried unplugging 2 of them to see if that helped but to no avail.

the monitor driver that peahead linked to is for the kg271 which is only 75hz,i cant seem to find a driver for the kg271b,whether that makes a difference or not I don't know.

Soldato
KG271B driver was in that link the third one down but dunno if it will make any difference. i am not sure what else to suggest.

Associate
OP
ok..this is weird

I connected one of the monitors to a good hdmi lead, now the HDR is not greyed out on my monitor.

I also now see a HDR and WCG slider in windows display settings..altho its greyed out maybe because I still have the other 2 monitors connected via DP

Associate
OP
ok so I unplugged the other 2 monitors using DP and bingo I can get the HDR working..so for some reason they don't work over DP.

altho looking at how washed out this looks now on the desktop..im not sure I like it lol.

Soldato
ok so I unplugged the other 2 monitors using DP and bingo I can get the HDR working..so for some reason they don't work over DP.

altho looking at how washed out this looks now on the desktop..im not sure I like it lol.

Glad you figured it out but personally i never use HDR for the desktop just for a select few games.

Associate
OP

the washed out look was cured because dumbass here hadn't turned it to auto in the monitor options...

oh welli cant run it anyways with displayport so back to SDR.

thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom