how do i get HDR working please?

Associate
OP
hi
latest drivers
yes windows is upto date

the option is there If I use an HDMI cable,it disappears when using any DP cable.

and since I have 3 monitors it means I cannot use it.

Man of Honour
My advice, I really wouldn't bother investing any more time trying to get "HDR" to work on this screen. This is a classic example of a screen advertised as being "HDR ready" and misleading consumers, when in fact it offers no HDR benefits at all. At least they haven't slapped on the VESA DisplayHDR 400 badge, as far as i can see, to mislead people even further. The only slight HDR-related benefit is the ability to produce a higher peak brightness than some other screens (400 cd/m2 instead of the more common 300 - 350 cd/m2), but the same can be said for "SDR" content anyway. That has nothing to do with HDR really, and all you're doing is cranking up the screens brightness level and probably make it more uncomfortable. This screen is missing the necessary local dimming technology to actually improve the contrast ratio at all (i.e. to improve the dynamic range) so it's totally pointless. Fake HDR! There isn't even the easily-added wider gamut for improved colours that is often associated with HDR here, it's really in no way an HDR capable screen.

More information here which is probably worth a read: Why Your HDR Monitor is (Probably) Not HDR at All – and Why DisplayHDR 400 Needs to Go

Soldato
My advice, I really wouldn't bother investing any more time trying to get "HDR" to work on this screen. This is a classic example of a screen advertised as being "HDR ready" and misleading consumers, when in fact it offers no HDR benefits at all. At least they haven't slapped on the VESA DisplayHDR 400 badge, as far as i can see, to mislead people even further. The only slight HDR-related benefit is the ability to produce a higher peak brightness than some other screens (400 cd/m2 instead of the more common 300 - 350 cd/m2), but the same can be said for "SDR" content anyway. That has nothing to do with HDR really, and all you're doing is cranking up the screens brightness level and probably make it more uncomfortable. This screen is missing the necessary local dimming technology to actually improve the contrast ratio at all (i.e. to improve the dynamic range) so it's totally pointless. Fake HDR! There isn't even the easily-added wider gamut for improved colours that is often associated with HDR here, it's really in no way an HDR capable screen.

More information here which is probably worth a read: Why Your HDR Monitor is (Probably) Not HDR at All – and Why DisplayHDR 400 Needs to Go

Wow so overall basically it is a normal monitor that says "HDR" on the box.

Maybe they could called it "HBR", "high brightness range". Although the brightness is not actually any different to a normal SDR monitor at 100% brightness.

HDR requirements : DCI P3 colours - Nope, High brightness - Nope, local dimming of any type - Nope.... But it says HDR on the box... What exactly is HDR about the monitor? Nothing at all!!!

Associate
I have the same monitor and never got HDR working thanks for the post I can now test HDMI to the 4k monitor see what results I get. I do run a 2nd 1080p monitor so would have to run that using. Dp to hdmi cable so my guess is from this thread as soon as run my 2nd monitor I'll lose my HDR on my main monitor :( maybe I will have to send the monitor back as miss advertising , it's strange because they ship the monitor with a DP cable not hdmi

Back
Top Bottom