How do you decide what console to buy?

Soldato
I have an Xbox that we barley use. Tbh I’m really disappointed by the platform. It feels pointless almost. I didn’t do my research. It serves as a gaming machine only when I fancy having a game and my son in on our only PC in the house.

If you want a console buy ps5. Having a PC also make the console even less attractive. If you don’t have a PC then perhaps an Xbox becomes more viable, but I’d still recommend a ps5.

However, I can never buy a sony product again after how they treated myself and many (all) other owners of their flagship 4 figure soundbar.

Last edited:
Associate
If you already have a ps5 then get xbsx with gamepass ultimate. If you have neither than get a ps5 with ps plus extra (better games, controller and system in my opinion).
Noooo

I can't stand the playstation controller I find it so uncomfortable... Each to their own though.

The unfortunate thing for Xbox is the lack of first party titles. Microsoft have really dropped a bollock with all their studios, they've just not been on it like they were with the original Xbox and 360. The Xbox first party lineup has been going downhill since Xbox one.

That being said for me and the family use case the Xbox made sense to take advantage of game pass.

Associate
If you already have a ps5 then get xbsx with gamepass ultimate. If you have neither than get a ps5 with ps plus extra (better games, controller and system in my opinion).
Noooo

I can't stand the playstation controller I find it so uncomfortable... Each to their own though.

The unfortunate thing for Xbox is the lack of first party titles. Microsoft have really dropped a bollock with all their studios, they've just not been on it like they were with the original Xbox and 360. The Xbox first party lineup has been going downhill since Xbox one.

That being said for me and the family use case the Xbox made sense to take advantage of game pass

Associate
Microsoft will have a bunch of quality or awful first party titles 2024-2026. The problem will be it'll likely be too late to gain traction for the system along with the fact you'll be able to play those same games on PC anyway.

Microsoft will always have me in their ecosystem as I switched from PlayStation to Xbox in the PS2 era. And while I did end up with a PS3 and PS4 it was for a certain game and then sold on.

Soldato
I bought the Xbox Series X for Starfield, Fable and Senua's Saga. And maybe TES VI .... but, let's face it, eh.

Everything else I'll play on PS5

Last edited:
Soldato
Interface is miles better on PS5. Series X looks like they couldn't decide what they wanted to do so settled for something that was halfway completed and just 'that will do'.

Soldato
I base it on games that I want to play, take this generation, I went series x first for flight sim, Forza Horizon, and the fact gamepass ultimate subscription was appealing, but if I went back In time I think I would have got the PS5 first.
I eventually buy both anyway as their is always a killer exclusive I just can’t resist not playing.

If I could only buy one though it would be PS5, as I’m more of a single player guy and I think playstation has the better story driven single player games. This gen though I wasn’t too fussed as I was planning on getting both eventually anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to throw out a counter point to everyone saying no point in Xbox if you have a decent PC.......what if you don't want to sit at a desk to game or don't want to stream your PC to the front room? There's still a completely valid reason to have an Xbox even if you have a gaming PC as far as I can see. Also, partially related but does anyone know for sure that all Xbox games will go to PC too without the need for Cloud streaming?

Back
Top Bottom