How do you get better at dancing....

Associate
Be athletic and have fun, maybe practice some moves. I will say after spending a lot of time in clubs, 95% can't dance or are to afraid to look silly.

Caporegime
..is it just practice or do most people need/require lessons?
I'm quite a bit out of practice so feel kind of isolated and not very confident though I believe I can maintain/hold a rhythm. Thing is I'm out with the Mrs trying to dance, having only danced four times in the last ten years and an ugly retard of a person walks up to the Mrs and says you two look like you've got some "sexy" moves you'll have give me a few lessons, before being dragged away by a a mate. What are most other people's experiences?

On the last four occasions I've just knocked about four pints back and not given a hoot about what other people think and quite often you'll find us both on the dance floor with nobody else on it.

A natural dancer will always be able to spot the difference between a "natural" and someone who's had lessons.

A natural will just flow with the rhythm whereas someone who has been taught will have been taught step by step and you can see the timing on those steps. As in you can see the timing and time the next move in your head. 1,2,3,4,5 and repeat then move onto next learned routine.

Do what feels natural and look at some youtube videos for inspiration to freestyle your own moves. if you are trying to learn a routine it's so obvious and when you are doing it your face will give away concentration and focus rather than fun. it's why a lot of these dance groups on tv suck. anyone can do what they do with practice.

Soldato
OP
Are there any professional dancers on here? Taking on board what everybody else has said, it would be useful to receive their input.
I think if confidence and being out of practice is an issue I'd b better off ignoring the haters who walk up to you and criticise and concentrate on having a good time. I don't understand what motivates people to criticise when they either aren't or can't dance themselves?
The incident I'm referring to ruined the night because it upset the person I was with despite them apologising and asking us to dance with them later. One thing I did notice was nobody was criticising the complete idiots. They were left alone.

Back
Top Bottom