How do you manage your storage?

Associate
After a while everything on my pc gets messy and I feel it needs organising. I have windows installed on an ssd then I have 3 other storage drives cluttered with random crap.

I've got a new 250gb ssd to use but I'm gonna have to move things about I think.

Are you guys well organised?

Soldato
C is an SSD so has windows on and my most used games and programs
D is my only other drive in my PC which has all my files. It's all organised into Pictures folders with subfolders of categories. Programs are also in their own folder.

e; Oh and then a large amount of my Media and Files are on my home server which is also just as organised

Last edited:
Soldato
1TB Samsung 850 SSD because I got tired of having to split programs/games onto my HDD.
3TB WD Red for storage (Documents, Games, Music, Films, Software Installers etc)
FTP Backup for any important documents/pictures.

Associate
C: - 250GB SSD with most programs, WoW and Windows
E: - 1TB SSHD with all steam games
F: - 3TB HDD Backup drive which has incremental backups of C/G
G: - 1TB HDD for programs, not really used much since I upgraded my 120GB SSD to 250GB, currently 14GB used
H: - 2TB Backup of online stuff (primarily backup of my OVH server), also has old backups from previous communities etc

I have another drive which isn't configured but no idea what I could possibly use that for.

Need to figure what to do with my storage too as I just moved a 120GB SSD, 3TB Drive and 1TB Drive out of this computer as there's only 6 drive bays and put them into the good old N54L.

Soldato
c: - OS and office etc.

m: munchkin drive - network drive for all the kids tv, films etc.
n: films - network drive
o: tv - network drive
p: other - network drive for photos, family videos etc. etc.

So nothing local at all - means whoever can use whichever pc and still get to all their stuff.

Associate
Oh yeah, I have

X: Windows / ISO's - 1.5TB Drive
Y: Unwatched media - 250GB Drive
Z: Watched media - 1.5GB Drive

all networked drives too

Soldato
Not as many drives as listed as some are partitions
C: os and programs
F: Documents (this also in includes my windows 'user; files like desktop, 'my documents' etc)
G: Content Storage (things like program libraries for CAD programs - they take up a fair bit of space)
M: NAS with Music on
O: Mapped Drive to MS Onedrive
P: and Q: Page Files
S: Scratch Disk (things like photoshop)
W: Downloads
X: Backup (this duplicates Documents drive onto another drive, currently using Bvckup but likely using MS next time)
Z: Media storage such as TV, Anime etc

Soldato
After a while everything on my pc gets messy and I feel it needs organising. I have windows installed on an ssd then I have 3 other storage drives cluttered with random crap.

I've got a new 250gb ssd to use but I'm gonna have to move things about I think.

Are you guys well organised?

I have a 500GB SSD as my main drive, my old 128GB as some extra space, then 4x2TB in an HP Micro Server which totals 5.10TB with failover, then just everything in separate folders (Movies, Music, Series, etc.)

So I can pretty much wipe my main machine and not lose anything, apart from maybe a couple of save games (although they're mostly cloud based now through Steam).

Associate
C: 250GB SSD, OS + any games I'm currently playing (moving games around has not annoyed me enough to justify upgrading yet)
D: 2TB HDD, my main storage drive atm, holds videos, applications, downloads folder, work stuff and any games I'm not playing. Everything is neatly sorted into folders.
E: 3TB HDD, empty at the moment will move things from my storage drive over soon as its getting full.

I also have an external 3TB HDD for backup purposes.

Soldato
I have a N54L with 7TB of drives in. That stores all my music, tv shows, films, downloads and backups on separate drives or partitions.

Them my desktop and laptop both run an SSD and 1TB HDD, for windows and storage respectively.

Edit:

OCD friednly drive names too :D
drives.PNG

Last edited:
Soldato
My backups are mainly pics and docs, backed up to my server, another copy on an external drive and another copy on OneDrive. The rest I can replace if I was to lose it, it would just be a pain that's all!

Soldato
How do you people have so many files? Majority of mine I couldn't care if I lost them. What does everyone put in their backups? :confused:
general documents and in my case work files (I'm freelance and work from home) just in case a drive fails, I use blu ray and external too at later stages

Soldato
You won't be asking that when you have kids :D
Yeah I guess.
general documents and in my case work files (I'm freelance and work from home) just in case a drive fails, I use blu ray and external too at later stages

Would something like client side and then Office365 not work best? That's what I upload all of my timesheets and work pictures up to.

Soldato
C (SSD) for Windows, games and apps.
D for documents, music and pictures.
I then have an external for videos.

Important files are backed up to Google Drive/OneDrive. Other "important" files are backed on another external.

I did have another SSD dedicated for Windows but it was getting pretty old and the games/apps SSD wasn't even close to halfway filled :p.

Soldato
Would something like client side and then Office365 not work best? That's what I upload all of my timesheets and work pictures up to.
not in my case, I have nda's etc to consider for work files so anything outside of 'my control' could cause me issues with clients. Not to mention I don't necessarily want to upload some of size files I work with lol

Things like media files not so much of an issue but then I'm not worried if I lose them as they won't make me miss a deadline etc

RJC

RJC

Don
C = SSD Windows and most used programs
D = Non essential programs used when I had a smaller SSD .
E = My documents ect.

I have a microserver with all my films on.

Back
Top Bottom