How high is your cooker hood/extractor?

75cm Above hob and set back slightly, so head and hob are not the laugh of the kitchen.

Friend had one so low, it was almost impossible to not headbutt it when cooking :(

Last edited:
Not at home at the moment but we did spend a lot of time getting the height of ours right when planning the false breast in our kitchen (the extractor is under in the breast)

IMG20230120093656-01.jpg

At the FILs at the moment and his is suspended from the ceiling over the kitchen island tight at eye level and I'm forever bashing my forehead on it when cooking here. Is also a PITA when trying to speak to someone the other side of the island!!

Not at home at the moment but we did spend a lot of time getting the height of ours right when planning the false breast in our kitchen (the extractor is under in the breast)
How high is that?

Bumping this. Sounds like we can only get 750mm out of our slab of quartz which means it'll probably be that high. I was hoping for 800mm to be honest :o

The hood sticks out from the wall 500mm. Are we going to regret it being 750mm high?

How high is that?

Bumping this. Sounds like we can only get 750mm out of our slab of quartz which means it'll probably be that high. I was hoping for 800mm to be honest :o

The hood sticks out from the wall 500mm. Are we going to regret it being 750mm high?
It's 785mm off the top of the worktop and 1680mm off the finished floor level

I'm 6ft 1 and wouldn't want it any / much lower tbh

Edit : The drawing I did for the builder

kitchen.png

It's 785mm off the top of the worktop and 1680mm off the finished floor level
Cheers. We just did some measuring and considering we've got high ceilings (2.8m) and nothing on the wall around the cooker it seems more pleasing to the eye to put it higher. We've drawn up (and held up various cardboard boxes :p) and 880mm above the worktop looks ideal for us. We're only 5'8 and 5'10 I think but considering it sticks out (depth) by 500mm the 750mm seems too low and could result in the odd concussion!

Oh, I wrote this post in reverse. What I mean to say is to do the above^ we're going to opt for a half-heigh splashback out of the quartz which would be 500mm high. It matches the bottom of our only wall mounted units opposite it, which again seems natural.

Back
Top Bottom