• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How long do you think until nvidia announces the 1080ti?

Associate
I know the 1080 is just about to drop but I've always felt I made an epic mistake purchasing my 780 back in 2013/14 when I should have gone for the ti.. I'm sure there are other's that think the same too.

Man of Honour
I'd imagine awhile - I believe the 1080 is the top end specs for the GP104 core and looks like HBM2, etc. powered cards are a bit off yet.

Caporegime
I have a feeling the Pascal Titan & Ti will use G5X, unlike P100. Q4 2016 for the Titan?

I think the same, I really don't see the point in HBM2 at this time when nvidia could create a GP102 card with 384bit GDDR5X at 14Gbs compared to the 256bit 1080 running at 10.5Gbs

Caporegime
Next Titan will certainly use HBM2, a lot will depend on how well 1080 sells and what AMD is doing.

Titan maybe, with 1080 on X. If Nvidia use the GP100 chip for consumer GPU'S it will be aimed at a market similar to the original with compute applications in mind as well.as gaming.

Caporegime
Early 2017, BUT I'm hoping that AMD force their hand and do indeed move Vega upto October as rumoured ;)

I've decided to wait for it, 1080 is too much of a sidegrade to be worth bothering with :p

Associate
Titan maybe, with 1080 on X. If Nvidia use the GP100 chip for consumer GPU'S it will be aimed at a market similar to the original with compute applications in mind as well.as gaming.

GP100 won't be used for Titan - no need for so many 64 bit FPUs.

TI is basically Titan chips with some cores disabled to manage yields, without TIs sold yields on Titan would be terrible and price would have to up even higher.

Having said that Nvidia might get new "TI" version using GDDR5X, maybe even Titan - a lot depends on yields of HBM2.

Caporegime
GP100 won't be used for Titan - no need for so many 64 bit FPUs.

Yeah, it looks like they're designing the main Tesla chips from the ground-up now in order to battle Intel etc for those lovely profiting Supercomputers ;)

Better for us really, as they can tailor their chips to the relevant market :cool:

The big big nVidia gaming chip is rumoured to have 4500core :eek:

I don't think the Ti will have that many, but if it's not far off then it'll be awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom