how many cases have you had ?

Associate
Fractal Design R5 window - Great case, currently now used as my plex server case due to the 8HDD bays and still needing a blu ray reader at the time.

Fractal Design r7 compact - Moved over as a i needed a server case (see above) and liked what i had but wanted a smaller foot print and would no longer need a case with hdds and drive bay. Never got good temps with it for my GPU with the shroud on the bottom.

Lianli O11 mini - Current case, great temps and cats favourite sleeping place on top of it whilst i game.

Last edited:
Associate
Not that many, cases seem to last for a long time! Found some photos of one of my first cases back in 2004 era where I'd cut out some sides and put in lights and plastic windows and decals. Remember buying some huge Thermaltake case back around that time. It was expensive and I hated it. :cry:

Soldato
I've honestly no idea cases last for 3-4 years on average I can think of 8 but theres probably more first ones were beige!

Remember buying some huge Thermaltake case back around that time. It was expensive and I hated it.
:cry:
I remember, I had one of those, horrible thing. The first case I ever considered a "good" case was a corsair 600t it was revelation in terms of design

Last edited:
Associate
I remember, I had one of those, horrible thing. The first case I ever considered a "good" case was a corsair 600t it was revelation in terms of design
I was the Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A. Here it is in all it's 2003 glory. It's probably the most expensive case I ever owned! My next one was an Antec P400 or something. That was a solid case for a good 5-8 years.
Today a Fractal Design 7 just showed up. The kids asked me (in front of the wife) "why do you need another case?".

Associate
I was the Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A. Here it is in all it's 2003 glory. It's probably the most expensive case I ever owned! My next one was an Antec P400 or something. That was a solid case for a good 5-8 years.
Today a Fractal Design 7 just showed up. The kids asked me (in front of the wife) "why do you need another case?".
:cry: :cry:, tell them it compliments the system design and increase the performance..

Associate
5 ,My first case when I was a kid, my dad and brother built me a pc with their spares. Then I got a prebuilt from a school friends parents' shop.

Built my first PC in 2012 with an Antec 900 and that case was a beast. I replaced it a couple of years ago because I wanted an AIO and the 900 didn't have the room without cutting it up. Got a Thermaltake case and the Antec is currently housing a friends PC so it's still going strong.

Replaced the Thermaltake recently with an Antec DP505 I think? With a bit more room in it. Quite happy with it tbh, but I must admit, I am tempted by the "big glass" style cases.

Associate
Too many to count.. started off on some unknownes then to the ones i can remember:

Chieftec Dragon Green
Antec Sonata
Coolermaster ATC S4000 SX-1
Mountainmods UFO
Lian Li G70
Caselabs S8
Corsair 750D
Current - Lian LI O11 Mini
TBC - Lian Li O11D Evo XL

Back
Top Bottom