• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How many have now bought 980Ti because of Fury X release

Associate
I am interested to know if there has been a lot of people on here that have now bought the 980Ti because of the results of the reviews being posted on the new Fury X?

Please only post if you have bought the 980Ti today as i do not want this to be another ****ging match RED V GREEN

Thank You.

Associate
I did - was waiting for the fury but I have to say I jumped onboard and got a G1

And with gibbo saying he's sold 300+ ti's today I'm certain I'm not alone :O

Soldato
I'm going to wait a little, for at least a quick driver & how it overclocks with voltage. I'm not the most optimistic but it will give some time for the G1 to come into stock at a stable price until then. I do really want to go with ATI as I have a soft-spot for the underdogs, but the overclocking will be the decider, but with the amazing performance of the G1 on this front I'll be surprised if I end up getting the Fury X.

Shame as I'm looking for 2 high end cards, either x2 G1's or x2 Fury X. If it get confirmed that the voltage will remain locked, or has no additional headroom that will make the choice for me. While the difference isn't that much between stock Fury/TI when comparing the G1 overclocked it's quite significant.

Associate
OP
I'm going to wait a little, for at least a quick driver & how it overclocks with voltage. I'm not the most optimistic but it will give some time for the G1 to come into stock at a stable price until then. I do really want to go with ATI as I have a soft-spot for the underdogs, but the overclocking will be the decider, but with the amazing performance of the G1 on this front I'll be surprised if I end up getting the Fury X.

Shame as I'm looking for 2 high end cards, either x2 G1's or x2 Fury X. If it get confirmed that the voltage will remain locked, or has no additional headroom that will make the choice for me. While the difference isn't that much between stock Fury/TI when comparing the G1 overclocked it's quite significant.

I think a lot here was hoping that AMD could get back there MoJo me included as i can see that this creates better competition performance and price :)

Associate
May i ask what was the reason i.e 6gb memory or lack of overclocking etc..

Few reasons stacked - the performance just didnt seem to be dazzling - trading blow for blow in a lot of games at 1440p (my res) so I checked out some games I'd expect to plat a lot of (or currently am ie gta v) and seen which ever preformed best

AIO cooler - not for me - I've a beefy heatsink with fans on my cpu and cannot fit the res and fan at the back or top of my case so I'm left with removing the bottom hdd drive (need to cut out) or 5 1/4" bay, with word that 3rd parties cant mess with the card (yet) doesnt look like there will be an air cooled one (with the fury (non x) looking like its a cut down version of the X) I am looking into water cooling soon and if so would rather a whole look rather than a custom cpu and the aio gpu one (wouldnt look right)

Been waiting for a while to upgrade (single 7950 not enuf for gaming at 1440p at the settings I want ever since my 2nd 7950 died) and I wanted the best I could get (that wasnt titan priced), was waiting for the furyx to see what it would be like and unless its a beast overclocker it's really jut go for whatever you feel is best for you - g1 looks liek it for me so I snagged one up :)

Associate
I Pulled out of getting one today, and i have been waiting like everyone else hoping that AMD would deliver. Money is sitting waiting for more information and user reviews from here. I would gain from my favourites battlefield 4 and project cars from nvida significantly it seems, but my main passion and rig is for iracing which AMD shines through due to nvidia crashes, but as far as i know thats a huge problem with 6 and 7 series cards. 9 series is new architecture I think? Im considering the gamble on a 980ti that its more compatible now hoping the nvidia DLL file false traces issue might have gone away.

Associate
I considered it when I saw the prices, but my 780Ti still serves me well. I'm not really looking to upgrade this year, but I might take a punt if the 980Ti drops further into the £450 territory. Or if the Fury X can reach that price then I'd consider giving it a go.

Associate
[OT: They won't call it 1080 in my opinion, the number one doesn't feel high end]

I waited for a whole week, then yesterday ordered a Ti because AMD cherry picked 4K benchmarks paved the way for today's debacle (and to be honest given the driver support, I'm not willing to trust them with my money).

Back
Top Bottom