• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How many have now bought 980Ti because of Fury X release

Associate
I am interested to know if there has been a lot of people on here that have now bought the 980Ti because of the results of the reviews being posted on the new Fury X?

Please only post if you have bought the 980Ti today as i do not want this to be another ****ging match RED V GREEN

Thank You.

Associate
OP
I'm going to wait a little, for at least a quick driver & how it overclocks with voltage. I'm not the most optimistic but it will give some time for the G1 to come into stock at a stable price until then. I do really want to go with ATI as I have a soft-spot for the underdogs, but the overclocking will be the decider, but with the amazing performance of the G1 on this front I'll be surprised if I end up getting the Fury X.

Shame as I'm looking for 2 high end cards, either x2 G1's or x2 Fury X. If it get confirmed that the voltage will remain locked, or has no additional headroom that will make the choice for me. While the difference isn't that much between stock Fury/TI when comparing the G1 overclocked it's quite significant.

I think a lot here was hoping that AMD could get back there MoJo me included as i can see that this creates better competition performance and price :)

Associate
OP
I've ordered a G1 today. The Fury X isn't close enough to the 980 Ti at 1440p for me and then when you factor in the overclocking there's a big gap. I really don't want to be waiting any longer. There is no indication that the voltage will DEFINITELY be unlocked and even if there were confirmation, will that be in two weeks or two months? Even then, will it have been worth the wait for me?

I do hope AMD sell a lot of Fury X cards but this time I wanted the best without paying an obscene amount of money and the G1 is pretty much the limit before I consider the price obscene.

My first Nvidia card since the 8800GT.

I think this is what most people are thinking to be honest, all this talk about HBM and bandwidth but those scores? it's just not convincing enough to take a gamble on AMD's new baby and on top of this the fact that AMD have major issues with software.

I really want to hang on until Pascal but those G1's are looking SWEET :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
Thats not really going to help because I cant see there being any DX12 games in a months time so would you not be better off saying

"waiting for Windows 10 and enough DX12 games released to warrant a choice" ?

There was a video clip showing "i think" Project Cars running side by side Dx11 v DX12 and DX12 was a fair bit faster.

Not sure if the game has been tweaked to run DX12 native or the game just runs better ful stop on 12?

Associate
OP
It only lasted that long because they didn't release anything new for almost two years. Now we know both nvidia and amd are planning on launching 14/16nm parts as soon as they possibly can, so the whole playing field is a bit different.

There was so much hype for the fury by potential customers BUT not by AMD, AMD's marketing is just a joke?
We all want competition WE NEED this to help bring pricing to a sensible level and i was willing AMD to make this card a monster but sadly not.

I get the feeling that the way Nvidia are so switched on if they was first to market with HBM there engineering of the card would have produced a far better card "way better" i feel AMD are treading water and just waiting for someone to buy them out.

Back
Top Bottom