• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How many have now bought 980Ti because of Fury X release

Associate
Ye I have just purchased two oc ref ones, the last time I had a Nvidia card was a 560. But the lack of hdmi 2.0 support finished it for me. I can't wait to see what some of my games look like on my 4k tv.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ordered 3 x evga superclocked 980ti + 3 EK FC blocks and backplates, an additional ek 240 rad, some new fittings, tubing, 2 x 5.25" bay 120mm fan mounts, and some cable clippy things.

Today has been an exciting, but expensive day.

Associate
I've ordered a G1 today. The Fury X isn't close enough to the 980 Ti at 1440p for me and then when you factor in the overclocking there's a big gap. I really don't want to be waiting any longer. There is no indication that the voltage will DEFINITELY be unlocked and even if there were confirmation, will that be in two weeks or two months? Even then, will it have been worth the wait for me?

I do hope AMD sell a lot of Fury X cards but this time I wanted the best without paying an obscene amount of money and the G1 is pretty much the limit before I consider the price obscene.

My first Nvidia card since the 8800GT.

Last edited:
Associate
I was waiting to see what the fury x was like but since reading the reviews im definitely going for the ti im looking forward to owning an nvidia card again, havent had one since my 2 9600 gt.

Associate
OP
I've ordered a G1 today. The Fury X isn't close enough to the 980 Ti at 1440p for me and then when you factor in the overclocking there's a big gap. I really don't want to be waiting any longer. There is no indication that the voltage will DEFINITELY be unlocked and even if there were confirmation, will that be in two weeks or two months? Even then, will it have been worth the wait for me?

I do hope AMD sell a lot of Fury X cards but this time I wanted the best without paying an obscene amount of money and the G1 is pretty much the limit before I consider the price obscene.

My first Nvidia card since the 8800GT.

I think this is what most people are thinking to be honest, all this talk about HBM and bandwidth but those scores? it's just not convincing enough to take a gamble on AMD's new baby and on top of this the fact that AMD have major issues with software.

I really want to hang on until Pascal but those G1's are looking SWEET :rolleyes:

Associate
I think everyone will be buying 980tis now but the more savvy buyer will probably get the fury x.. just look how long the r9 290x lasted

Associate
OP
Thats not really going to help because I cant see there being any DX12 games in a months time so would you not be better off saying

"waiting for Windows 10 and enough DX12 games released to warrant a choice" ?

There was a video clip showing "i think" Project Cars running side by side Dx11 v DX12 and DX12 was a fair bit faster.

Not sure if the game has been tweaked to run DX12 native or the game just runs better ful stop on 12?

Back
Top Bottom