How many IDIOTS use the Autotrader website?

Tim said:
Crikey, was that for a Mondeo? I would have gone down the A1.

Bugger that, cheap internal flight 4TW!
When looking for an S4 I was going to nip up to Bradford to get one. Checked out the local flights from Bristol and it was £14 on a Saturday. It would cost me more than that in petrol.

Nah, my last car - a Xsara - but I was in London with work anyway, so it was one-way only and I broke the journey in Dundee. My Mondeo was a bit of a snap buying decision, being local was a big plus point!

Matt82 said:
as it got boost?! :D im creasing up at the thought of that that one :P

must go find it

I've looked everywhere for it, I have it somewhere on a DVD but I can't find it on the net any more. It was called "ali g buys an orion" and the guy, talking like Ali G, keeps asking retarded questions such as:

- has it got a dump valve (no, because its not a turbo)
- so how come its fast (because its tuned, has a gearbox and stainless system)
- its got a stainless steel stereo then? (no, *exhaust* system)
- so its got boost? (no, its not a turbo)
- oh, seen seen, so how many BHPs does it have innit? (........)

ten minutes later the guy is still on the phone with him...

I think I mentioned the chap who called me whilst I was selling the MX5.
Just loved the line of "in another 4000 miles, it'll simply be scrap".
The obvious answer being:
"so don't buy it".

Mr_Sukebe said:
I think I mentioned the chap who called me whilst I was selling the MX5.
Just loved the line of "in another 4000 miles, it'll simply be scrap".
The obvious answer being:
"so don't buy it".
That thread was some great reading :D

Sods bleeding law!

I take a hit selling the Vit as summer cars don't sell when summer forgets to show up, it's rained pretty much non-stop since i put it up for sale. I wake up the morning after i sell it and it's blazing soddin sunshine! ARGH! :(

I had the most fun ever selling the Accord.

One Sunday morning I had an Asian family turn up - Bloke, Wife, Father, 3 kids.

They were an absolute disgrace. I opened the car up for them to look around and the kids jumped in the back, the Bloke and his Wife were hunting around for things wrong and when they couldn't find anything wrong they started making stuff up: -

1) There's chewing gum on the back seats and getting it off is going to tear the leather. Me: Picks it off the leather in less than 1 second with no marks or tears. They don't look happy.

2) The carpets are in terrible shape, they're all worn. Me: Brushes carpet opposite way to the pile direction and carpet fluffs up instantly - no wear whatsoever, pile just got crushed a little under the mats. They don't look happy.

3) Go for test drive. It's noisy isn't it. Me: You've just wound the window down half an inch - close it properly. Noise gone. They don't look happy.

4) The brakes are worn. Me: It has done less than 4,000 miles on brand new pads all round with a receipt from Honda to prove it. They insist the brakes are worn anyway.

5) Are these tyres remoulds? Me: No. Them: how do you know? Me: I just do.

6) Has it had an accident? Me: No. Them: How do you know? Me: Because I have the HPI. Them: What's a HPI?

(getting a bit annoyed at this point)

7) Would you take £8,000 for it now? Me: No. Them: That's all it's worth with "all the problems". (what f'in problems??)

At this point I said I think it's best we call it a day. I walked into the house and left them stood on my driveway looking bewildered.

They rang me the same evening, I spotted the number and cut them off. Then they rang the house, but we have number display so that got ignored.

Then they sent me a text asking to ring him. That got deleted.

I sold the car three days later to a really nice straight talking down to earth honest chap for good money. :)

Never seem to get any of this when selling cars. Just the odd "hello my good friend" email trying to scam me. I guess my location is fairly good for selling unlike plymouth though.

Merlin - that'll teach you for trying to sell an accord :p asian's love em

merlin said:
One Sunday morning I had an Asian family turn up - Bloke, Wife, Father, 3 kids.

Oh they can be fun. Had a family turn up to look at our house a few years ago, advertised as 3 bed, because, as you may expect, it has three bedrooms. 4 Adults and 6 children turn up.

"Well, ideally we wanted 6 bedrooms"

...so that's why you came to look round a 3 bed was it? :confused:

They also very rarely seem to want to pay anywhere near asking price for a car. Not like, AP, £12k, i'll give you £11.5k, more like, AP is £8k, i'll give you £5k...

lol well everyone knows Indians like to haggle....to the extreme. I think its like a sport to them? :D (i assume they'd Indian and not Chinese/Japanese/Pakistani?)

In all seriousness i'd have no patience if i had annoying idiots coming to try and buy my car. The can try and pick holes in the car, but at the end of the day if you don't agree with the problems they have picked out, the simplest thing is to just do what merlin did and tell em to whack off!

Speaking as an asian, asians are a bloody nightmare to deal with, its even worse if your asian believe me.Infuriating isnt the word.

wohoo said:
Speaking as an asian, asians are a bloody nightmare to deal with, its even worse if your asian believe me.Infuriating isnt the word.

lol my dad likes to haggle but he isn't the type to go to someone and say (ahh selling for £5K are you? How does £2k sound?). Not at all, as i think that is just plain rude. But having a father who can haggle is very beneficial sometimes. lol i was watching "Don't Get Done Get Dom" (Dominic Littlewood) this morning and i love that guy! He has da 'aggling skillz

P.s. Anyone want a good laugh, check out "russell peters". You won't regret it, its absolutely hilarious (the guy's asian and he pokes fun at each race and stuff)

Back
Top Bottom