How many miles do you get for approx £50

Soldato
Some of the figures people are quoting for petrols are very impressive 400-450 miles in a petrol, unless its a 1.2 tiddler is impressive I have never owned a petrol car thwt would touch that no matter how i drove it

Soldato
My golf Plus would probably do about 500 miles per tank, probably more if I drove it more economically.

My Fiesta Zetec S will do about 240 miles per tank at 30 squid so about 330 miles on 50 pounds.

Associate
Just been doing 33mpg average on the motorway today...

this means 990 miles i would get with £50 :D

Going to the Santa Pod tommorow (from preston) so i'll see what my average mpg is to there and back :)

Soldato
Matt said:
I don't even get 400miles from a tank in my Leon 1.6 :eek:

Aye i wouldnt expect you to, thats why some of the petrol figures people are quoting I am finding bizarre, some people are getting near on diesel figures.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
About the same as I get from my Mondeo, same engine and it weighs about the same.

500 motorway miles to a tank?? from a 2.0 focus, how on earth you would manage I havent got a clue. I had one for a week and that sort of figure is pretty difficult, coasting it with a tail wind behind a lorry for 400 miles maybe. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
schnipps said:
500 motorway miles to a tank?? from a 2.0 focus, how on earth you would manage I havent got a clue.

By sticking to 70mph indicated it will return 43-44mpg average, which will give you a range of just under 520 miles.

Associate
ShiWarrior said:
:eek: :eek:

give us some hints, thats impressive

I cheated, thats on LPG so it only actually does 27mpg which considering lpg has 80% less energy then petrol is still pretty good. Engine is a Honda D series 1.6 sohc.

My old dohc d series would do about 70 miles realistically on a tenners worth of petrol so thats 350 miles, not great but not terrible either :)

Last edited:

GT3

GT3

Soldato
£50 would get me about 450 miles of calm driving mixture of town/country driving or 350 of constant ragging. Shame the tank won't fit £50's worth in :p

Associate
Fulcrum said:
I cheated, thats on LPG so it only actually does 27mpg which considering lpg has 80% less energy then petrol is still pretty good. Engine is a Honda D series 1.6 sohc.

My old dohc d series would do about 70 miles realistically on a tenners worth of petrol so thats 350 miles, not great but not terrible either :)

even though 600 miles .. LPG.. thats a lil low??? I get 28mpg normally and 33mpg on motorways (ST220) And I can get around 750 miles for £50 ... motorway miles .. well... 900 ish :)

How much you paying for your LPG..?

Associate
Liverpool-Lad said:
I think youve done your sums wrong.

Tank holds 55 litres thats = 12 gallons... I aint going to get right to the rim so.. 11 gallons

11 gallons = 50 litres @ 36p a litre (2 little independant next to each other so theres a price war :) )

£18 for a tank ... lets round that to £20

350 miles to a tank with motorway miles (£20) x 2.5 = £50 = 875 miles

But I rounded up... so thats still £5 off from £50..

Now have i done my sums wrong?

Associate
You have a st220 V6 on LPG ? Thats dam nice, I like the idea of a performance car on lpg since the high octane should have a lot of advantages. 33mpg is a very good figure considering they are thirsty even on petrol arent they, is it an injection system?

I pay about 40p a litre, so strictly by the figures that makes it 720 miles for 50 quid. But in practise I think it may be closer to 600 miles for 50 I get because its only a simple carb system, it runs rich most of the time and its not adjusted well since I dont use the car much also I dont do any motorway miles at present.

A 55 litre LPG tank would only ever hold 80% of that due to pressure considerations btw

Soldato
£54 quid got me around 430 miles last week :/ that was a mixture of urban / country roads and dual carriageway stuff

Wonder what I could get if I drove for economy :p shame Ill probably never be patient enough to drive patiently enough for that long

**edit** 2.5 V6 TDI

Last edited:
Associate
Fulcrum said:
You have a st220 V6 on LPG ? Thats dam nice, I like the idea of a performance car on lpg since the high octane should have a lot of advantages. 33mpg is a very good figure considering they are thirsty even on petrol arent they, is it an injection system?

I pay about 40p a litre, so strictly by the figures that makes it 720 miles for 50 quid. But in practise I think it may be closer to 600 miles for 50 I get because its only a simple carb system, it runs rich most of the time and its not adjusted well since I dont use the car much also I dont do any motorway miles at present.

A 55 litre LPG tank would only ever hold 80% of that due to pressure considerations btw

Its the Multi point injection conversion :)

And I can get 55 litres in the tank so maybe its a bigger tank? :)

Back
Top Bottom