How much do you spend on food at work?

Soldato
I take a packed lunch with me now I have changed jobs, but used to spend about £4 a day, as we had a subsidised canteen, and could get a full English for £1.50

Soldato
Here is crazy. Guy I work with wants to go to different places each day, but I always say no. He's French and likes his food, and there are about 8/9 restaurants on site, and he even goes off site as well. He doesn't seem to mind spending 35CHF on lunch. Which is like 27.50 a day!! If I eat at work, even the salad bar is like 15CHF though, so I bring mine everyday. Means I can be sensible and not eat crap too.

Soldato
Mental. Paying £2-3 for porridge is crazy town when you can get a 1kg bag of oats for like £1. I know obviously, markup is markup but on porridge it's especially brutal. Why not do overnight oats? Even if you haven't got time to eat at home you can bring it in to work.

When I met my missus, she used to buy ready made porridge pots for breakfast every day as she didn't know she could make porridge really easily!

I used to buy lunches years ago, but I realised I was spending at least a fiver a day. I now batch cook on a Sunday for lunches throughout the week and prepare an oat mix that I just have to blend each night for breakfast the next morning. On Fridays I treat myself to a bacon and egg roll and I might buy a coffee, so now I spend about £4 a week at the most.

Back
Top Bottom