How much do you spend on food at work?

Soldato
Homemade sandwich ~70p, lunch is same as dinner from night before, probably ~£2, and a banana ~10p. Tea and water free at work. £10 a day that some of you lot are spending is insanity in my eyes!

Associate
Normal day is coffe and porridge from pret for 4.85 then lunch from itsu/wasabi/vital which can be anywhere from 5 to 8 so 10 to 13 a day. I really need to start making my own...

Caporegime
I can get a meal deal in the canteen, £2.50 for a Main meal, yogurt or fruit and bottle of water. This is only available at lunchtime.

Breakfast at work is all the usual greasy stuff...and its expensive!

The problem is, there is no really healthy options and eating lasagna and chips every day aint good. :p

I just Bring in Tuna / meat salad sandwiches, Bottle of Robinsons Barley water diluted from an old bottle and and have a jar of cofee in the office.

Caporegime
£2 a week to use the shared milk. Although we get free months when there's surplus money in the kitty.

So just milk, at cost. Cafeteria upstairs is expensive, but people say the food is nice. Much too tight to buy it tho :)

Won't even splurge £3 a day for the Sainsbury's meal deal. I'm saving those pennies.

Soldato
About £1.50 per day. I take a microwave packet of rice and a tin of mackerel, a price of fruit and a small bag of popcorn. It does get samey and I occasionally go out for lunch on a friday where I'll spend £5-£10.

Soldato
Personally it cost me nothing. I always bring a packed lunch but on the odd occasion I forget, I'd buy something and pass it as an expense on the company. They're happy to pay provided it's not a daily thing. Think I done it less than 5 times this year.

Soldato
i try and bring a packed lunch 3/4 times a week.
i always eat out on a friday as a treat, but never spend too much, £3 subway deal or something
if i do spend out i normally hit up tesco and grab something cheap, or like a box of something that i can eat over the next few days (4 x pineapple cups today as a matter of fact :D)

Soldato
I have 2 lunches a day and bring them into work with me. Usually on a friday i'll get something out though and will spend roughly £6-£12 depends what i go for

Associate
I'm a home worker so if I come into one of our offices I'll either expense food or they all have free canteens with free breakfast & lunch.

Soldato
I've stopped now but if I got a breakfast butty (don't need to eat anything else at work then) it used to be £3 a day.

I've started bringing my own sandwiches in and it's working out considerably cheaper. I'll have the odd splurge on a Friday with getting Fish and chips and that comes in just under £5.

Soldato
Normal day is coffe and porridge from pret for 4.85
Mental. Paying £2-3 for porridge is crazy town when you can get a 1kg bag of oats for like £1. I know obviously, markup is markup but on porridge it's especially brutal. Why not do overnight oats? Even if you haven't got time to eat at home you can bring it in to work.

Back
Top Bottom